OBIWAN_CANOLI

RV Discount Camping Options

After my first year with a new RV, and membership in Passport America, I just received my renewal notice, offering an additional 6 months of membership for a mere $5 additional handling fee that wasn't part of my initial membership cost. I'm questioning the worth of renewing, given my experience, and am considering other options, beyond the Good Sam membership I intend to keep.

I'm not at all pleased with the restrictions which the vast majority of PA sites inflict, i.e., limited number of nights as few as only 1 night, limited seasonal eligibility which by and large excludes the warmer months from using the discount, and the limits of days eligible, mostly Monday-Thursdays. Of course, the RV parks listed can enforce any restrictions they like, but since that comprises the majority of options within the PA network, I'm unconvinced that continuing my membership in PA is worth the cost, and effort.

I would be interested in others' experience, and hope to learn of other options which may be more generous with RV parks and their terms....

I just renewed our membership for the additional 6 month. I have made back my cost many times over. Most of the time it is just for a quick over noght. Yes they have some restrictions but the saving, to me, makes up for the restrictions. 

Herman 

You want other options; check out Happy Camper discount club. It's also a 50% discount club, and nearly exactly like PPA. Of course there is always Thousand Trails, and other similar organizations. FMCA, Escapees, Good Sam, etc are all 10% discount.

ALL  discounts come with some restrictions, even Thousand Trails.