pixlee

Drivers license

That is very dependent on what state your drivers license was issued in. 

In Texas a Class "B" Operators permit is required to drive a vehicle weighting over 26,001 Lbs and towing under 10,000 lbs. A Class "A" Operators permit is required to drive a vehicle weighting over 26,001 lbs and towing over 10,001 lbs.

Herman

As noted, all depends on your state of residence and the weight (GVWR) of the motorhome.  Contact your local Depratment of Motor Vehicles or Department of Public Safety.

Ken

You need to look up the requirements in YOUR STATE for your weight/size RV.

Do NOT just ask a clerk at a DMV location-- many have never looked it up (probably applies to less than 1/2 of 1% of licenses).  Read it for yourself.

If you let us know what state you are in and GVWR on your motorhome, someone may already know the answer.

Actually, from actual experience is that not very many of the minimum wage clerks at the DMV's are familiar with the requirements. That is why I recommended READING the requirements yourself.

Said another way, were you involved in an  accident, I would not want to be your attorney blaming a DMV clerk for you to not have a license that allows you to legally operate your vehicle.

I hate to see threads like this.  I'm afraid some govt employee from the IRS will see this and decide they are missing a golden opportunity to tack another license and associated fees on the already over burdened consumer/tax payer.  The IRS does not miss many occasions to generate revenue.

Guys,

Let's not let this thread go way off course.

Please, back to the OP's question: " What are the Driver License requirements for driving Class A Motorhome ?"

19 hours ago, pixlee said:

What are the Driver License requirements for driving Class A Motorhome ?

What state?

How long is the motor home?

How heavy?

What, if anything, will you be towing behind?

Those pieces of information are needed to answer.

21 hours ago, manholt said:

RayIN.  If it does not include MH requirements...what good is the LINK to the OP?

It has detailed residency requirements not found in other links, and documents required to obtain a drivers license. Look at Texas listing for comparison. Sorry it's useless.