ultraglide

RV Insurance - Glass Coverage

I know that there are a lot of good insurance companies out there. Right now I have Foremost with this motorhome. Before I had Farmers.

When I had Farmers the had glass coverage. Now that my agent has me with Foremost it seems that I have lost the glass coverage.

Is there any insurance out there that does cover glass?

I have American Family and they covered my windshield when it got busted on Alaska trip. I had to pay the deductible.

Have you contacted your agent and asked if you have glass coverage. In most coverage it is listed under your comprehensive coverage. As far as companies go we had Kemper, who by the way covered our windshield (2,400.00) under my comprehensive and the glass was replaced while in Perry by RV Glass Solutions, great folks to work with. Thanks Sally. Our agent searched for other coverage and we are now with Safeco. We did save money in the switch.

Again check with your agent on your coverage.

Herman

Progressive glass is covered as well but you must pay the deductible. My deductible was $1000 when a trucker intentionally ran through some loose gravel on the Interstate and took mine out.

I would certainly check with your agent...sounds like he or she might have left it out to reduce your cost or as someone else mentioned , it's in the comp coverage....either way make sure you have, windshields in this rigs are $$$

Good grief. Other than Kempner and Progressive ( mine), I've never heard of the rest! I would love to have something that cost less than Progressive with same coverage and service...$ 1,000 deductible!

Currently have 3 chips in front windshield, easy and cheap fix. Replacement is very expensive!

Carl C.

10' AMC Tradition 45'

Safeco with Glass coverage and just had half of the windshield replaced cost me 500bucks dedictable with 2500 bucks for the glass...

I am happy...........

Mike

Geico has the typical collision and comprehensive deductibles which I can select, and an option for Glass Coverage for the Motorhome which is a $50 glass deductible. If I have to replace the windshield, my total out of pocket would be the $50.

I think it depends on the state. In Az glass coverage is mandatory I think with no deductible. I had new windshields installed some $2800 with no deductible. I have been with several different insurance companies and none has ever had a deductible for glass in the 45 years that I have lived here.

I just left GEICO for AAA. I asked if glass coverage was mandatory in AZ and was told it wasn't. I have a $500.00 deductible for comprehensive so that would be the most out of pocket for me. GEICO was a good company and covered glass, but I wanted my home as well as my vehicles covered by one company.

I depends on the state and the insurance company. In some states it is required that insurance companies include glass coverage in other states.....you need to check with the insurance company. One reason I went with Progressive is that they would include $100.00 deductible for an extra $38.00 per year. I live in California.

When I got a quote from GS, they didn't offer that extra coverage and said it would be covered under my comprehensive. ($1000.00) been there done that....... Went with Progressive.

Progressive Insurance has a "zero deductible" on windshields. It's called Comprehensive With Windshield. There is a section in this category for $0 windshield deductible. It costs about $34 per year to add this to your policy. Ask them about it. It's well worth it. I live in California.

I have used Farm and City Ins, at Forest City, IA for many years, and they are now listed in FMCA as one of their preferred agents. They are independent agents and shop around for the best rate. These guys started in the RV business with Winnebago, who are just down the street, and know what we need. Call Twyla at 800-282-1446.

I pay a premium $97 a year for 0 deductible windshield coverage. in 17 years I have used it 8 times. 8 X $97=$776. $500 deductible X 8= $4000.

8 windshields may seem like a lot but I don't wait for a chip to spread to a crack. I get a stone chip I get a new windshield. I let them do the vacuum, epoxy fix once and I didn't like it so, no more of that.

I know that there are a lot of good insurance companies out there. Right now I have Foremost with this motorhome. Before I had Farmers.

When I had Farmers the had glass coverage. Now that my agent has me with Foremost it seems that I have lost the glass coverage.

Is there any insurance out there that does cover glass?

Progressive offers full glass replacement

I have National General they have a $50.00 deductible for glass. I dropped a heavy flashlight and broke the drivers side windshield and they replaced it. No deductible?

I HAVE BEEN WITH SAFECO FOR YEARS. WOULD NOT GO ANY WHERE ELSE. $100 DOLLAR DEDUCTIBLE ON GLASS. HAVE HAD 2 CLAIMS ON RV (TIRE RELATED) 2 ON HOUSE (WIND AND HAIL). ALL PROBLEMS TAKEN CARE OF TO MY SATISFACTION/ I AM NEW MEMBER HERE MAYBE 2WKS AND AM ENJOYING READING ALL THE POSTS

cmnelsonll.  Welcome to the Forum!

When you use all CAPS, it reads like you are mad and screaming!  Other than that Safeco sounds good, but how much is your premium per year?

Also, if you give your coach info, below your name, like Herman and me, we will be able to help you better should you have a problem.

Carl