defrue

FMCA Plates

Totally agree with you and would not have the old model ever again, vintage or not.  That said, just trying to help the OP.:P

A bit off topic but I for one don't like the thought of putting holes in my coach to mount my Plaque. I can mount on the ladder but with several to mount it make the ladder difficult to use. And then comes the front to worry about.

My solution was to have decals made. I made ones that mount on the inside of the windshield for the front and surface mounts for the rear.

I had mine made at Fast Signs near my home.

Herman

Our rear plaque is the molded plastic type. Stuck to the rear of the coach with industrial-strength double stick. Front 'plaque' is a vinyl sticker (like the ones that come standard from FMCA, only without the plastic backer). Got the sticker from Kiley Mold. Needed to be flexible to fit in next to the front license plate.

Since we are on a bus chassis, we also have a destination sign above the windshield. We're going to have a custom roller made up for the sign, and one of them will include the FMCA decal along with 'Private Coach'.

2 hours ago, RShrimp said:

Why not order the molded plastic ones to use as a pattern for the sand cast! Done!

I don't think the plastic ones are 3D.

1 hour ago, desertdeals69 said:

I don't think the plastic ones are 3D.

If you order them from Kiley Mold you can specify the 3D molded plates instead of the flat ones with just a vinyl decal. They are similar to the old style aluminum ones, except that they are molded from plastic now.

Their website appears to be down right now. Their phone number is: (513) 875-3223

Might be the case that the supplier of the plaques has changed. Don't know for certain. Just tried looking on the new FMCA website for information about the plaques, but for the life of me I cannot find anything. I swear it was there before the new website, but now I cannot find it.

Anyone know if there are plans in the works to change the layout/design of the plaques? Just asking since everything else seems to be changing nowadays.

Apparently Ross knows something with his comment probably need to check with FMCA to get supplier information. Kiley has been the supplier forever. 

Hope they did not change the wording as they did to the Magazine.  Your April issue, is the last one that say's Family Motor Coach on it.  May will be Family RV'ing!

The Kiley mold on the ladder can sit in with the brackets they sell and allows one to use the ladder without missing a step.

For the front I use suction cups in the lower right hand windshield (inside) and works well.

I called the FMCA office today. Apparently Kiley is no longer the supplier. I wasn't told who the new supplier will be, but I was told that moving forward orders will be placed through FMCA and not directly through the manufacturer. The membership office says that the plaques will look just same.

I've got to say, I'm disappointed that FMCA hasn't communicated this change to the membership. Even if all the details are not yet in place, it would have been easy to just post a note on the forum to let us know a change was coming. Instead, we were left guessing what's going on when the Kiley site was down and nothing is posted on our site.

Our plates were a plastic with raised letters and numbers, my neighbors plates (newbie) are a smooth top with what looks like painted letters sandwiched between a clear outer layer. His appear to be hanging on the Kiley ladder brackets but the egg looks funny

richard5933,

Apologies if you felt we tried to "pull one over" on you.  I can assure you that was not the case. 

Benefits are subject to change without notice, but we do try our best to keep members informed at all times.  So my apologies once again if you feel we dropped the ball on this.

The great news is situations like this are exactly why we have our membership department!  Staff are ready, willing, and happy to help if members have questions!

And thank you, we truly appreciate your loyalty and passion for FMCA!

Sincerely,

Dan Ball

Director of Membership & Marketing

51 minutes ago, dball said:

richard5933,

Apologies if you felt we tried to "pull one over" on you.  I can assure you that was not the case. 

Benefits are subject to change without notice, but we do try our best to keep members informed at all times.  So my apologies once again if you feel we dropped the ball on this.

The great news is situations like this are exactly why we have our membership department!  Staff are ready, willing, and happy to help if members have questions!

And thank you, we truly appreciate your loyalty and passion for FMCA!

Sincerely,

Dan Ball

Director of Membership & Marketing

So whats going on with the supplier of the goose eggs?

1 hour ago, dball said:

Thanks Dan.

I didn't think that anyone was trying to 'pull one over' on me or anyone else. I understand that sometimes vendors change. My only point really is that it would have been so easy to let members know about the change by posting a note in the forum so that no one needed to search for information on a vendor that is no longer supplying the plaques.

Do you know, when/where we should expect to find more details about the new supplier, ordering replacement plaques, etc?

Richard.

Suspect, we will know about the time that the plate as we know it, will reflect the new and improved? version of FMCA !  It became rather obvious, when they changed the name of the Magazine, that the Goose Egg was next.

You did notice that Mr. Ball did not answer your question?  

19 hours ago, jleamont said:

Our plates were a plastic with raised letters and numbers, my neighbors plates (newbie) are a smooth top with what looks like painted letters sandwiched between a clear outer layer.

They do not look the same, resemble... but not the same! The verbiage is the same...for now but with all of the other changes taking place that couldn't possibly remain the same.

This is the style I have; The new version the white is no longer raised and looks like a sticker over a plastic egg. 

FMCA GOOSE EGG PLAQUE.jpg

Just now, Erniee said:

I got rid of the goose egg when I sold my coach and will not get another one

Mine are in a box in the garage :(, i get it!

Up till to point where Kiley stopped being the vendor, it was possible to order the plates with the raised letters. That's what I did and have one on our coach. The flat ones with the vinyl decal instead of raised letters had become 'standard issue' items when someone joined.

When I called membership, I was told that the new vendor would be making them the same and with the same text as the old ones. I guess we'll see once the information is posted.

I understand that I just spoke to someone about this yesterday, but there is nothing new posted about the new FMCA plaques yet, that I can find. Really, how hard would it be to write a few paragraphs and post an announcement to the forum letting members know what's going on. Instead, we're just left here to wonder what the story is.

Howdy Folks,

Our agreement with Kiley Mold ended on March 22 at which time we updated the information on our website.  That info can be viewed here:

https://site.fmca.com/fmca-membership-benefits?popup=linkMembershipPlatesModal

In addition to the updated info on the website, we ran an ad in the April edition of the magazine.  However, it has been what I would call a "soft launch" up to this point while we iron out some of the start-up wrinkles with the new plate vendor.

The plates - that includes new member, replacement, and generational - will look and feel exactly the same as Kiley Mold has been providing for the past several years.

But rest assured, your point about not making mention on the forums is well received.  My apologies again for those who felt uninformed.

Dan

While we are talking about plates, thought I would share how I mounted mine on the back. I can't take credit for this idea, I saw it on here but I forget from who or where. I don't have the one on the front yet and I'm dang sure not drilling any holes. Like to see how some of you guys did your front egg as to give me some ideas.

My back egg is mounted up against the bottom of the step so it doesn't interfere with using the ladder at all. 1" angled aluminum bought at Lowes. A couple pipe clamps and hardware to mount the egg. All stainless of course.

Not sure how I'm going to do the front one so Fellas, show me your eggs. Wait a minute, that didn't come out right. Some of you, if it wasn't for the gutter, your mind would be homeless.

IMG_5721.JPG

IMG_5722.JPG