hermanmullins

Who, What, When, Where or Just Lets Talk

Erniee, that's about 40 miles north of the latitude of Mineral Wells so you should be about 0.5 degrees cooler.

Congratulations! I guess you can call this retirement.

Well finally got home after that trip to Catherin's Landing and points north east. Wish I didn't have to come back so soon but time for Doctor visits.

Bill

We leave July 6 for 3 months, east, north, west, and south. We should have left last week because summer has really hit the Texas Hill Country. 

15 hours ago, elkhartjim said:

We leave July 6 for 3 months, east, north, west, and south. We should have left last week because summer has really hit the Texas Hill Country. 

We just came back from a 70 day trip North East and are up that way pretty much yearly. So if you have any questions. 

We leave July 5th and will return sometime in October. We are headed to Shipshewana Campground - South Park, Shipshewana, IN, Jul 19th-Sep 19th.

Just check their weather for today and it is 82% humidity, but the temperature is 69˚.  Yep, should have left in May.

While you are in the area, I encourage you to visit the RV Hall of Fame if you have not been there. It is located at 21565 Executive Pkwy, Elkhart which is the southeast corner of the intersection of County Rd 17 and I-80. The bricks honoring FMCA members is located northeast of the northernmost part of the building. They have on file in their library every issue of FMCA's magazines. 

12 hours ago, rossboyer said:

While you are in the area, I encourage you to visit the RV Hall of Fame if you have not been there. It is located at 21565 Executive Pkwy, Elkhart which is the southeast corner of the intersection of County Rd 17 and I-80. The bricks honoring FMCA members is located northeast of the northernmost part of the building. They have on file in their library every issue of FMCA's magazines. 

Back when the magazine was chock full of good stuff 

Yes Wayne, It was nice when I went down I-71 coming back home. Back in mid May I was in Rumney, NH and it froze over night hard enough to split my blue pre water filter.

Bill

2 hours ago, erniee said:

Back when the magazine was chock full of good stuff 

Maybe they can get you to write an article on how to properly replace flooring in a RV.👍

Bill

Been to the RV Hall of Fame, at least twice.

Also the Studebaker Museum, and a couple of others. Loved Notre Dame Cathedral.

Spending a month or more in the area gives us a lot of time to see things, and the country side.

20 hours ago, wildebill308 said:

Maybe they can get you to write an article on how to properly replace flooring in a RV.👍

Bill

Due to the big box stores offering all the junk for the do-it-yourself- crowd- everyone now is a “pro”

10 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

Been to the RV Hall of Fame, at least twice.

Also the Studebaker Museum, and a couple of others. Loved Notre Dame Cathedral.

Spending a month or more in the area gives us a lot of time to see things, and the country side.

As long as you are that close you should go to the  Henry Ford Museum of American Innovation. By a membership because it takes multiple days to see everything.

Bill

Hear is something interesting.  A new way to look at and buy the newest RV's with out being mobbed at one of the "supper shows". This is aimed at  serious buyers only. Some of the RV's this will be the first chance to see the new model.

https://musiccitymotorhomeexpo.com/?fbclid=IwAR2KTAmrICbP17X6CWO0iV4iCto0J0YAz8o2vvCwNXePtWga9xD-Dk0jVrM

Bill

With all the stories over a lot of forums about folks buying new- and the resultant extended stay for warranty repairs at the dealer- Why would anyone buy new?

I am just thankful that there are people out there who do buy new or I wouldn't have one.

What kind of surprised me was how many buy new every 3-4 years.

I also never knew how messed up the warranty process is. You have to ask (to pick a make) Newmar for permission to troubleshoot a problem. Then if you find something bad (say a water pump) you have to order it from Newmar, who will order it from the maker. It is shipped to Newmar then to the dealer.  

Brett Davis is working to improve the process. He has gotten it where they can stock some common items and Got Newmar to have a person qualified to make decisions at each dealership to speed up the process.

Bill

Edited by wildebill308

I took my time and pulled out my basement heat pump. That involved buying a new hydraulic lift table from Harbor Freight ($299) to support the unit and move it some for better working access.  Hired a mobile RV tech to help me pull it and do the heavy work.

Then I replaced the PC board and compressor relays and all 6 capacitors. Removed the indoor fan and outdoor fan, oiled the motor bushings, then checked for  wear/play and oiled the pillow-block bushing. Put everything back together and IDFM would not run, just hummed, that turned out to be my fault, mis-wired a cap.

Started it up successfully yesterday, and it runs better than I've ever noticed, even pull 2A less after running for 30 minutes than it did before I did the work. Total expense was near $1,000,($600 to RV tech) but if it lasts another 23 years I'll not be around to know. FWIW, a new replacement RVP 6515 heat pump costs $4,500- $5,000 today.

Best part_ I still don't have to listen to noisy roof-top units, I can't hear the basement unit running unless nothing else is running, and that only in the bedroom.

Edited by rayin

On 7/4/2023 at 8:26 AM, erniee said:

Ray, does your cool air come from ceiling ducts or floor registers?

Ceiling ductwork. It is an RVP (ColemanMach) 24,000btu basement unit. Inside, the only sound was chilled air exiting the ceiling ductwork and my genset running.  RVP now makes and sells a universal unit to fit where their old 5 models were used, the universal unit is a 46515 model. Then if needed they sell the adaptive ducting to match the coach OEM ductwork.

Edited by rayin

I had a basement air in my 2008. Ran it for 9 years without a problem.  Good system in my opinion, and quiet.