hermanmullins

Who, What, When, Where or Just Lets Talk

We brought our MH back home to the RV garage Friday past rather than begin paying $100/day storage while the legal system works. The court appointed a lawyer as umpire to decide the amount Progressive must pay. I appealed that decision because IMO the umpire should be a person familiar with fiberglass body repair, current labor rates, and working on MH''s.. Per the Progressive MH policy the umpire does not have to be a lawyer..

9 hours ago, erniee said:

Good write up about Herman 

Yes Herman was a good man. His replacement has been elected, see announcements at the top of the forum.

And so it begins.....a few campgrounds opened this weekend at Cape Cod....omg...traffic already?

Then the Sagamore Bridge is down to 2 lanes instead of 4, yikes.

Bourne Bridge is fully open.

I have never ben in that area that the trafic wasen't bad. You would think you were in the DFW area or Atlanta.

Where is our review of the new campground?

Bill

Edited by wildebill308

The campground is Bourne Scenic Park, it's been around a while. Camp there since a kid in a tent, tent trailer, travel trailer and MH.

Nice place on the canal, hard to get a site. Only one close without going over a bridge. They are supposed to be building 2 new bridges in the future, they keep pushing it out

and are just doing patch work now. At least the small seafood shacks are getting ready to open. That's where you get the good stuff.

Just got my quahog license so I'll be out there soon digging, still need waders.

I haven't frequented the forum much since starting retirement last October from a 40-1/2 year career with Conoco / ConocoPhillips / Phillips 66 as most of my forum visits were during my lunch hour while working.   Since the end of the LSU football season the wife and I have struggled with moderate cases of flu and Covid despite getting the annual flu shot and Covid boosters.   Type A flu was rampant in the Houston area in November and December (infections lasted three weeks for me and two weeks for the wife) and then we both caught Covid from somewhere (wife for two weeks of bad head cold in February and me with two weeks of bad head cold in March).   In addition, our coach was in our favorite repair shop for nearly six weeks for replacement of the Magnum charger / inverter which had its "mother board" fail" for unknow reasons.  New Magnum 2000 watt pure sine wave charger / inverters were on back order for weeks.

Now that our flu and Covid immunity are well boosted from infections and our coach has a new charger / inverter and annual maintenance completed, we're headed to our first ever RV rally (NIRV Customer Appreciation Rally) at Catherine's Landing RV Resort near Hot Springs, AR next week (April 12-15)   The rally is also our first ever visit to the Hot Springs area so we're excited for this new adventure next week.

Not to upset the forum moderators, but I wonder if vaccines really work??   Our annual flu shot and bi-valent Covid booster didn't do much to prevent very uncomfortable, weeks long infections.....

10 minutes ago, fagnaml said:

Not to upset the forum moderators, but I wonder if vaccines really work??   Our annual flu shot and bi-valent Covid booster didn't do much to prevent very uncomfortable, weeks long infections.....

Volumes to be said about natural immunity. 

1 hour ago, erniee said:

What’s happened to Carl- aka Manholt?

Not shure, I think he was having some health problems but haven't heard anything latley.

Bill

11 hours ago, dons2346 said:

I emailed Carl a couple of months ago and haven't heard a word. Last I knew he was going on a cruise

I have heard from Carl. His problem is he can get on but can't post. Can you see what you can find out about that.

Bill

28 minutes ago, wildebill308 said:

I have heard from Carl. His problem is he can get on but can't post. Can you see what you can find out about that.

Bill

I just sent him an email to the address I have for him as a test. If you are in contact with Carl, have him try an different browser to log in here. He hasn't been banned that I know of and there is no reason that I can see that would keep him from logging in.

Going to be traveling today but will check in later

Edited by dons2346

Mike and Cindy,

You are going to like Catherine's Landing. Nice RV Park

Wish I could give you some suggestions as to what to see but we were there with a group and pretty much had fun just staying in the park.

A group did go ZIP lining. I didn't go but Earlene did and she was then in her 70's. Whole bunch of old farts did that. I had two knees replaced and decided to just cheer them on.  There was a set of 7 zip lines on that course.

Hot springs bath houses and the downtown area were interesting.

Have fun.

p.s., If you leave the RV park pull the awnings in. They get a straight line wind every once in a while.

3 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

If you leave the RV park pull the awnings in. They get a straight line wind every once in a while.

That is good advise for any place. 

Bill

9 hours ago, dons2346 said:

I just sent him an email to the address I have for him as a test. If you are in contact with Carl, have him try an different browser to log in here. He hasn't been banned that I know of and there is no reason that I can see that would keep him from logging in.

Going to be traveling today but will check in later

That almost sounds like his browser settings are too strict to allow the Invision software access to his browser. Yes a different browser might get different results. I have FF latest update with default settings.

My opinion of the forums is, yes they have been really slow since Herman passed.

Edited by rayin

Brenda and I sold the hill top property in Mineral Wells and moved to Haskell Tex to get away from the taxes and crowds. Probably not going to do floors anymore unless we get bored