johntelling

Tire installation costs

Can someone please give me an idea of how much the installation of six tires will cost me? They are 275/70R 22.5. I have a quote for the tire from FMCA. Thanks!

John, most shops charge $25.00/tire to mount 22.5 tires plus $25.00/tire to balance.  So you can look at $150.00 or $300.00 depending on what you want. 

Herman 

8 minutes ago, johntelling said:

Thanks for the responses. I am in the Sacramento Ca area, and expect I will balance the fronts only - is this what you recommend?

Yes, that is exactly what I do.  But others believe in balancing all 6.

I just had all 7 balanced - did the spare as well since it might need to be used up front. Cost was $30/ea for balance and $30/ea for install.

5 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

John, most shops charge $25.00/tire to mount 22.5 tires plus $25.00/tire to balance.  So you can look at $150.00 or $300.00 depending on what you want. 

Herman 

With new tires the stems should be replaced also.  

Glad we got that settled.-_-

For reference purposes. I just moved some tires around. It wasn't "rotating" in the normal sense. Before I took this coach home I ended up with 6 new tires on the back. The front ones were 2 1/2 years old. I decided I wanted to move the steers to the tag and have new tires on the front. Cowser Tire service on north loop 820 in Fort Worth did the work for me. $25.00 each labor and $27.00 balance. 2 ea  valve extensions $9.97.

As far as I can tell it rides smooth with no vibration. Some don't balance all the tires but I like to start with all of them balanced. 

Bill