markrbowles

FMCA plate is crap

They must have a different vendor.  My plaque has been on two MHs for over 10 years, still looks fine.  The pic above looks like a cheap stick on, the old ones are not stick ons.

You're correct.  I don't use my aluminum anymore, but I do use the hard plastic & its my understanding that you can order it.

So, it appears that the older members have a good plaque (Egg).  No one seems to care that the new members are not provided something that they can proudly display.  FMCA is a great group...why is this issue so tough to resolve?

Edited by pete5016

9 minutes ago, pete5016 said:

So, it appears that the older members have a good plaque (Egg).  No one seems to care that the new members are not provided something that they can proudly display.  FMCA is a great group...why is this issue so tough to resolve?

I joined about 4-5 years ago when the previous vendor was supplying the plaques. The one I was sent was a flat plastic plaque with a vinyl sticker applied to it, but there was an order form if I wanted to order a molded plastic one which looked just like the older aluminum ones. I did that and still have the molded one on the rear of the coach. On the front I had them make another vinyl sticker without the plastic backing, and then just stuck it on the front in the spot for a second license plate.

Can't figure out why we went to a new vendor if they cannot supply what members want with good quality.

https://shopfmca.com/shop/ols/products/replacement-plates-set-of

Go to the above site to order new plates, you will have to log into your fmca account to make the order. Not hard to do, the order will appear backordered, as they are made after you order, can't keep a spare set around for every member. Sorry yours were bad!

Edited by kaypsmith

On 3/5/2021 at 5:28 PM, kaypsmith said:

https://shopfmca.com/shop/ols/products/replacement-plates-set-of

Go to the above site to order new plates, you will have to log into your fmca account to make the order. Not hard to do, the order will appear backordered, as they are made after you order, can't keep a spare set around for every member. Sorry yours were bad!

What's the point of spending $25 to order another plate of the same design that will fail in six months?  I called FMCA Membership.  They confirmed that if I ordered a replacement set, it would be the same sticker on a plastic plate that failed the first time.

Pete5016.

I don't know who told you $25....Are you a FMCA member?  The cost for a replacement plastic egg & window sticker is $16 !!!

I just stumbled onto this topic, and I must agree, the FMCA member number egg with vinyl sticker [whether or not it peels off] appears to be cheaply made, which it is. When I originally joined FMCA the first thing I did after receiving my membership package, with the less than stellar looking FMCA member number eggs, was to order the injection molded raised number oval egg set. I am so glad I did, as these injection molded plates do not look as though they were purchased at a dollar store bargain bin. It is sad FMCA membership department does not listen carefully to its membership base, especially the newest members amongst us. The only sure way to grow your member base is by listening. If it is a matter of money, then simply charge accordingly the first year of membership, and include FMCA injection molded raised member number egg, doing away the bargain basement vinyl sticker version. Those are my two cents...

Eddie

IMG_6567.PNG

On 4/26/2021 at 3:45 PM, bikeryder said:

I just stumbled onto this topic, and I must agree, the FMCA member number egg with vinyl sticker [whether or not it peels off] appears to be cheaply made, which it is. When I originally joined FMCA the first thing I did after receiving my membership package, with the less than stellar looking FMCA member number eggs, was to order the injection molded raised number oval egg set. I am so glad I did, as these injection molded plates do not look as though they were purchased at a dollar store bargain bin. It is sad FMCA membership department does not listen carefully to its membership base, especially the newest members amongst us. The only sure way to grow your member base is by listening. If it is a matter of money, then simply charge accordingly the first year of membership, and include FMCA injection molded raised member number egg, doing away the bargain basement vinyl sticker version. Those are my two cents...

Eddie

IMG_6567.PNG

Thanks Eddie...those are exactly my sentiments.  BTW - While I was at Perry, I talked with some of the leadership, no one really cared.  The old leadership has nice plates, and they don't care about the new members.  I spent over 20 years in the US Navy, so I can put up with some really sh*&^ things.  People used to take pride in being a part of FMCA, but I don't think that is true anymore.

My suggestion to FMCA - get some nice plates that people can be proud of.  Not every member wants a plate.   New members don't need to be issued plates.  They can order them if they want them. (many of the younger RVers don't want them, so why are we spending money sending them something they don't want or need).    I don't want to put these cheap placards on my Motorhome.    Put out a quality product and I would love to display my membership.  Give us some options.  We can pay for them!

Not to offend anyone here, I am new to FMCA (7/21) and have not received my membership kit yet but I understand what you're saying. I came across this thread and I have to say, why post a concern regarding a plastic membership plate peeling prior to contacting membership? Wouldn't it be more productive to make a call first and then maybe air your concerns or praises. IMHO Just say'n 😎

Some folks would rather complain openly them to discuss it with some one who might be able to find a solution.

Since Gillette I am now on the Executive Board and Plates are one on the items on my list for discussions.

By the may, WELCOME to the Forum!

Herman

Herman, not much to discuss....In the New Membership package, enclose a order form, not rocket science, we did this in the 1970's to 2005!

On 6/17/2021 at 5:10 PM, pete5016 said:

Thanks Eddie...those are exactly my sentiments.  BTW - While I was at Perry, I talked with some of the leadership, no one really cared.  The old leadership has nice plates, and they don't care about the new members.  I spent over 20 years in the US Navy, so I can put up with some really sh*&^ things.  People used to take pride in being a part of FMCA, but I don't think that is true anymore.

My suggestion to FMCA - get some nice plates that people can be proud of.  Not every member wants a plate.   New members don't need to be issued plates.  They can order them if they want them. (many of the younger RVers don't want them, so why are we spending money sending them something they don't want or need).    I don't want to put these cheap placards on my Motorhome.    Put out a quality product and I would love to display my membership.  Give us some options.  We can pay for them!

I agree. I would have preferred to purchase a better plate rather than receive a free lesser quality one that not everyone will even put on their rig. Save the money FMCA and listen to your members please. 

I came across this thread one day last week.  As you can see from the attached pic, I agree that the plate I received hasn't held up well.

I dropped a note to FMCA on their contact link on the website on Saturday and received a reply today telling me that they are addressing the issue.  Expecting new plates to be in production in December and that a new one will be sent to me.

I was pleasantly surprised at the response.

image.thumb.jpeg.90b5a1c0eff75dfe0c0d07b708fa86fe.jpeg

We had an in-depth discussion about the Plates at the EB Meeting in October and as you can see we are working on a solution.

If anyone has a plate that is deteriorating please let them know in FMCA and they will take care of you.

Herman 

Edited by hermanmullins
Grammar

Oct issue   page 6

If bad oval contact Aaron White

I Email and asked for a picture so I could decide if it was good enough to order one as I never bothered to install the original one sent to me  

Edited by bm02tj

has this issue been resolved?  most of this discussion was from 2021 and one message implied FMCA was working on it.

Every member should get a plate or two they are pround to display.

20220721_175049.jpg