hermanmullins

Who, What, When, Where or Just Lets Talk

On 7/4/2024 at 3:00 PM, wayne77590 said:

Well, I keep getting notifications for heat advisories. Alexa, iPhone, TV, all reporting heat advisories for our area.

Now this is South East Texas, why don't they just say one time, "Heat adversories until Novemeber!"

I agree. The big change month is October. I have seen it near 100 at the beginning of the month and near freezing on Halloween. The heat makes a good excuse as we are staying in Main for a while then a month in RI then western NY and finale work my way back home.

Ray, hopefully you can find one that covers the marks of the old one. 

Bill

Making progress; I have the new LED docking lights installed, now when I turn them on to back into the garage at night it's brighter than daylight. I have about 6 hours and $50 in that project.  Kwikee step stopped working, an $8 spray can of contact cleaner fixed that issue.  Cost me $60 to have a local RV shop replace the foot-pad on the HWH jack, I wasn't strong enough to do it. Got the entire MH washed inside, except for the carpeted ceiling. Man, I didn't know the walls, wood cabinets and leather furniture were so dirty.

Tasks remaining; change oil N filter in drive engine and genset motor, wash coach, check coolant for strength of DCA additive.  I'll think of more to-do items  when I get bored again.  I want everything shining and ready to hit the road when we put it up for sale.

Edited by rayin

1 hour ago, wildebill308 said:

I thought you were going to take some shorter trips?

Bill

Yes that's our plan; I'm focusing on making sure everything works properly in advance of selling.  I've read far too many horror stories of newbies buying a MH rife with problems.  That 2½ years of sitting in a body shop parking lot was hard on everything.   The short trips will substitute for shake-downs while having a bit of fun and relaxation away from the house and farm.

I can't even keep up the farm now, my tractor is in the shop for head gasket replacement and who knows what else after the head is removed. I now wish I hadn't sold my other tractors.  What was once pastures is now hay fields, but the man who harvests the hay can't because his baler is broken and all the farm equipment repair shops are behind so far he can't get his baler repaired. Every shop I have spoken with says they cannot hire good help, they are either on drugs or won't work.

On 9/4/2024 at 8:01 AM, erniee said:

Did FMCA ever have combined months for their magazine? Just received my Sept/Oct magazine 

I only get 1 other month too, been that way for 2 years anyway.

2 hours ago, bm02tj said:

With the name change are they issuing new ovals 

Who knows, I haven't gotten anything official about the name change.

Bill

Check your email.

FMCA sent out an email yesterday to all members announcing the name change and the continuation of the FMCAssist program. 

By the way, they also sent our an email several weeks ago saying that the magazine would only be produced 6 times a year.

48 minutes ago, ianbullock said:

Check your email.

FMCA sent out an email yesterday to all members announcing the name change and the continuation of the FMCAssist program. 

By the way, they also sent our an email several weeks ago saying that the magazine would only be produced 6 times a year.

I haven't gotten the email yet. I just double checked all the usual places, spam and trash folders to.

Bill 

The "assist program" will not be thru Chubb any longer, the rates went out of sight. The new provider is ARCH and the program, which begins Oct 1, will have a new name as the "FMCAssist" was Chubb and can't be used. The dues will be $99/year beginning Oct 1.