olddoggie

FMCA Member ID Plaque Mounting

One outher way is to use a thin putty knife, start it under one edge and slowly apply preshure and the tape will release. A hair dryer will speed up the process.

Bill

Couple of drops, 3 in 1 oil, or sewing machine oil and 8 pound fishing line....wear leather gloves!  Takes every thing off.  I also use 3 in 1 on my step now, no more "clunk", in or out (found that out by accident, ran out of Lithium).

On 3/21/2017 at 4:19 PM, CarlAda said:

I think that's what I'm going to have to do with mine, Don.  The Kiley ladder mounts don't work with my ladder.  In the front, I have it suction cupped to the windshield.

Kiley Mold has brackets for Country Coach ladder.

13 hours ago, nedjac said:

Kiley Mold has brackets for Country Coach ladder.

Thanks...never noticed that before.  Probably because when I first ordered the brackets I didn't own a Country Coach and already had the brackets when I got this coach.  Thanks again.

Some black ties are not UV Stabilized and are prone to UV radiation.

Choose ones that state they are UV Stabilized.

Those large packages for a buck or two are most likely not UV Stabilized.

I got a dozen from a electrician, used 4 to hold my door awning in place, in Mexico.  They where still doing the job, 3 years later...I just had the whole unit removed in February!

Black is the only color that is UV resistant, doesn't need any additional UV protection. This is not true in the case paint jobs that has clear coat on top of the black basecoat. The basecoat is still UV proof, but the clearcoat must have a UV additive to preserve it, otherwise you will see premature clearcoat peeling.

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 5:07 PM, kaypsmith said:

The double stick tape can be cut using a sharp knife long enough to cut between the bumper and the plaque, Walmart and other box stores sells a product named Goof-Off (maybe Goop-Off) that will not harm the paint but when applied by directions will make easy removal of the remaining residue.  

Nylon fishing line works great to cut through the tape. will not scratch or damage paint. long piece work back and forth between body & emblem

On 10/11/2014 at 3:28 PM, campcop said:

Two sided tape for the rear and used the existing license plate holes for the front...

Double-sided tape on the egg on top-left rear cap, front has too many stickers/plates already.

On 4/13/2017 at 9:06 PM, bigkelly said:

Nylon fishing line works great to cut through the tape. will not scratch or damage paint. long piece work back and forth between body & emblem

I use dental floss to cut through tape, I wrap the floss around two twigs, otherwise it will cut your fingers too.

On 3/21/2017 at 6:06 PM, WILDEBILL308 said:

One outher way is to use a thin putty knife, start it under one edge and slowly apply preshure and the tape will release. A hair dryer will speed up the process.

Bill

I didn't have heavy enough fishing line to do the job (kept breaking) so I taped up a putty knife and slowly pried and it all came off - clean up with a little goo-gone and some wax, good as new.  I remounted up high with the Kiley Mold brackets.  I tried also adding the WIT club plate below it with additional brackets, but it looked kind of corny so I took it off.

DSC01572.JPG

1 hour ago, jleamont said:

Looks great! Nice colors on the coach also!

Hey thanks!  The wife picked the colors but they are growing on me.

On 3/21/2017 at 6:44 PM, hermanmullins said:

I good way to remove items secured with two sided tape is either fishing line or dental floss. Wrap each end around each hand and pull the floss or between the plate and the other surface.  It my take a sawing action but it will work.

Been there, done thatand got the Tee Shirt.

Herman 

LOL YOu said got the T Shirt that’s funny

On 3/21/2017 at 6:44 PM, hermanmullins said:

I good way to remove items secured with two sided tape is either fishing line or dental floss. Wrap each end around each hand and pull the floss or between the plate and the other surface.  It my take a sawing action but it will work.

Been there, done thatand got the Tee Shirt.

Herman