Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Well I check out the thread that was posted here to and found a company called "Dave & LJ's in Woodland, WA." funny thing is we have booked a site at the Columbia River Front RV camp grounds in Woodland Washington for our high school reunion in Longview Washington in July and we are looking to have our couch replaced with theater seating.  Wewill have to check them out LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, if telling people where you live is  an infraction on IRV2, I wonder if there's a violation for telling people where they can go? ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2017 at 6:35 AM, cwswine said:

Well I check out the thread that was posted here to and found a company called "Dave & LJ's in Woodland, WA." funny thing is we have booked a site at the Columbia River Front RV camp grounds in Woodland Washington for our high school reunion in Longview Washington in July and we are looking to have our couch replaced with theater seating.  Wewill have to check them out LOL

We had work done there on a prior occasion but the last time we used Dave and LJ's the oak divider between the dinette and (new) couch was deeply scratched. They just could not believe it until their installer fessed up to it. That and their uncaring attitude towards repair the damage, led us to Never use Dave and LJ's again. Since our incident I have met two other owners who sustained damage their coaches with similar attitude after the fact. We had spent over 5K and kinda expected a bit of CS after paying top dollar.

 

YMMV

 

Cheryl

Edited by RexCoach
missed a darn word

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2015 at 8:07 AM, huffypuff said:

I joined iRV2 after much reluctance in Sept 2014 for the Monaco group. I wanted to have a link for tips for my unit but found very little. I tried posting in the general forum and follow a few threads and found that if you don't agree with a few there that there will be so many personal attacks until the thread is closed. Not such a way so no one will see it anymore but only so no one can post in that thread. It got so bad that I asked a monitor to remove my subscription, profile and all posting. As of today they only removed my subscription.

I'm looking for another Monaco site as the HR site don't look like it offer much. Does anyone know one to recommend that is FMCA approved?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2015 at 8:07 AM, huffypuff said:

I joined iRV2 after much reluctance in Sept 2014 for the Monaco group. I wanted to have a link for tips for my unit but found very little. I tried posting in the general forum and follow a few threads and found that if you don't agree with a few there that there will be so many personal attacks until the thread is closed. Not such a way so no one will see it anymore but only so no one can post in that thread. It got so bad that I asked a monitor to remove my subscription, profile and all posting. As of today they only removed my subscription.

I'm looking for another Monaco site as the HR site don't look like it offer much. Does anyone know one to recommend that is FMCA approved?

We joined about a year ago but there are so many crumudgeons (for lack of another much more disrespectful term), I haven’t even been able to post. I was looking for a way to get our rig weighed and found a post of a guy laughing at someone who pulled to a truck weighing facility, calling him a number of names implying that RV’er was an idiot. (Other posters backed up the ridiculousness of the post, still, others laughed and had something to add to further embarrass this person.) I don’t remember the actual name he called that person but it was enough to intimidate me not to ask my question. We get a weekly newsletter and more often than not, some veteran RV’er, who knows better than everyone, posts about another person’s mistake and berates them. Last week? A guy posts about his frustrations trying to navigate a huge rig pulling a long trailer through a gas station. His proud post explained how when someone got on his way, he violently pushed him against his car! (Many condemned him but enough “understood” where his frustration came from and didn’t take issue with the attack.) These are not isolated incidents. We were told IRV2 was a friendly forum but after being a member for a year, I haven’t posted once because it feels like FB and I’ll get hanged up on for asking a newbie question.) Too many other helpful forums that don’t demean for being a newb and some even take pleasure in helping!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome,  most any Truck Stop that has a CAT scale will weigh you...go inside and tell them what you want, they will explain the procedure to you!  No one will mess with you on this Forum..Safety is number 1, priority!

Please post your make, model, year and length, under your signature.  That way, it makes it easier to help you now and in the future!  If it's a 5'er or tow-able, include what you haul it with!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

to the OP, I was a site moderator and also an administrator on iRV2 for a number of years.  For the most part, the site is moderated well and is kept down to a dull roar.  Follow the community rules and do not question a moderator ruling on the forum. 

I found the info provided there is more factual and less passionate than on RV.net.   Some of the owners groups get a bit snobbish when an "outsider" tries to post an answer to a general problem.

After leaving the admin position, I got a rules violation which I fought behind the scenes.  No matter who moderates, they let their personal feeling and interpretation intervene at times.  I told them to take a hike and did not post there for several years.  Now I go back and visit on occasion.

Ken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

"In life it is important to know when to stop arguing with people, and simply let them be wrong", from yourpositiveoasis.com  ☮️:rolleyes:

Ken, as I see it, most of the problems are because someone failed to read and follow their website rules. Since it is a free website, sometimes it appears the moderators somewhat have a stiff neck, but it IMO is necessary to keep a resemblance of order and decorum. I seldom see such problems on FMCA forums, IMO due to the average age being higher than other RVing forums.

Once I received a warning about linking to a specific topic in a different RVing website that  contained the exact information they were seeking; I PM'ed that moderator and pointed him to the irv2 rule number; warning was reversed. I joined irv2.com in 2001, still learn something with every log-on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been a member of several RV forums since 2011.   Probably the best one was my first, a Keystone Montana owners group.  Very laid back and friendly with a ton of accurate knowledge not only about our common fivers but camping in general.

Then over the next few years I branched out to IRV2 (Newmar section), FMCA, and since we were full time I tried Escapees.   IRV2 and FMCA have been fine.  

I recently got into a bit of a "problem" on Escapees and they decided I had violated a rule and banned me.  I requested and received a full refund for my annual membership so I was okay with the whole thing.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many times the words posted do not represent the facial expressions of a "tongue-in-cheek" comment.

For example, there was a thread on "a different forum" about a piece of equipment needed. I made the statement that I had one that was broken if they would like to buy it. I was admonished with a "private" warning about trying to sell something in other than the for sale section.

Hey Joe S, I'm a MOC member, and still have those credentials. Every year or so I log in just to see if some old timers are around.  I was an active member in 2007 with my 3400RL. Pulled it with an F350 King Ranch, Crew Cab, Long bed.  Great 5'er.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2019 at 11:56 AM, wayne77590 said:

Many times the words posted do not represent the facial expressions of a "tongue-in-cheek" comment.

For example, there was a thread on "a different forum" about a piece of equipment needed. I made the statement that I had one that was broken if they would like to buy it. I was admonished with a "private" warning about trying to sell something in other than the for sale section.

Hey Joe S, I'm a MOC member, and still have those credentials. Every year or so I log in just to see if some old timers are around.  I was an active member in 2007 with my 3400RL. Pulled it with an F350 King Ranch, Crew Cab, Long bed.  Great 5'er.

:huh: Now that's just plain funny; bad day perhaps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2019 at 9:17 AM, ISPJS said:

...I have been a member of several RV forums since 2011.   Probably the best one was my first, a Keystone Montana owners group.  Very laid back and friendly with a ton of accurate knowledge not only about our common fivers but camping in general...

 


We bought an 07 Montana in June 2006 and I joined the Montana forum at that time.  It was full of good information, but one of the moderators, who has since died, drove a 3/4 ton truck hauling the biggest Montana.  He got upset when anybody pointed out how over weight he was after he made one of his "pulls fine" posts.  It got to the point when we just asked him to not make posts to new member trying to decide which truck to purchase since he was clearly biased and clearly giving wrong information.  Eventually he used his position and blocked several of us, including me.  I liked the forum so much, I got back on with a new screen name and maintained a low profile.  In fact I still know some people there and monitor the forum now and then.  It's still a very good forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I had my Allegro Bus, I was a member of that Forum, it's not affiliated with Tiffen, but they keep an eye on it.  Learned a Ton!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like there could be several on here that were members of the Montana forum.  Like Wayne, we had a 3400RL, which was our first fiver, and finding that forum was perfect for us as a learning tool.  

I also go back and visit their site from time to time.  

Five, I know what you are saying.  There is still one older gentlemen on the Montana forum that will throw out misinformation from time to time.  Nothing about weights exactly.  If you correct him or disagree it will just go on and on, so it is better just to ignore his posts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ISPJS said:

Sounds like there could be several on here that were members of the Montana forum.  Like Wayne, we had a 3400RL, which was our first fiver, and finding that forum was perfect for us as a learning tool.  

I also go back and visit their site from time to time.  

Five, I know what you are saying.  There is still one older gentlemen on the Montana forum that will throw out misinformation from time to time.  Nothing about weights exactly.  If you correct him or disagree it will just go on and on, so it is better just to ignore his posts.

That's why the website has an ignore button, you never see that individuals posts. Overall it is a very informative website IMO, just like most free forums the larger/more members it gets the harder it is to control, look at rv.net.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was a memer starting in 2008 and it was free then but to read the forum you had to be a member and log in, if I'm remembering correctly. No problem. Now it is an open forum.

There is a lot of good information on Keystone products on that forum.

I think I was on there as Wayne M.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

I was a memer starting in 2008 and it was free then but to read the forum you had to be a member and log in, if I'm remembering correctly. No problem. Now it is an open forum.

There is a lot of good information on Keystone products on that forum.

I think I was on there as Wayne M.

We wouldn't have gone on until around 2011.  Not only did I learn a ton about my Keystone fiver but RVing and full timing in general.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2019 at 9:21 AM, OdellFamily said:

We joined about a year ago but there are so many crumudgeons (for lack of another much more disrespectful term), I haven’t even been able to post. I was looking for a way to get our rig weighed and found a post of a guy laughing at someone who pulled to a truck weighing facility, calling him a number of names implying that RV’er was an idiot. (Other posters backed up the ridiculousness of the post, still, others laughed and had something to add to further embarrass this person.) I don’t remember the actual name he called that person but it was enough to intimidate me not to ask my question. We get a weekly newsletter and more often than not, some veteran RV’er, who knows better than everyone, posts about another person’s mistake and berates them. Last week? A guy posts about his frustrations trying to navigate a huge rig pulling a long trailer through a gas station. His proud post explained how when someone got on his way, he violently pushed him against his car! (Many condemned him but enough “understood” where his frustration came from and didn’t take issue with the attack.) These are not isolated incidents. We were told IRV2 was a friendly forum but after being a member for a year, I haven’t posted once because it feels like FB and I’ll get hanged up on for asking a newbie question.) Too many other helpful forums that don’t demean for being a newb and some even take pleasure in helping!

However, IMO, the only excuse for violence in civilian life is to protect human life or your property. Lack of self-control is not at excuse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, RayIN said:

However, IMO, the only excuse for violence in civilian life is to protect human life or your property. Lack of self-control is not at excuse.

It's "Road Rage" in a parking lot/gas station.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...