steve319

Roadside Assistance

steve319   

FMCA will not let you sign up for Roadside if your membership does not match their sign up dates. So if you want Roadside for 1,2,3, Years, you have to make sure your renewed for those years. Nice way for them to get more money !

Steve,

Welcome to the Forum.

I am sorry you feel that way. But FMCA is only protecting themselves. There are some folks that will join up take advantage of a program or programs and then drop FMCA. Not saying you would do such a thing but there are some. 

Good luck and Happy travels.

Herman

gypsydan   
3 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

There are some folks that will join up take advantage of a program or programs and then drop FMCA. Not saying you would do such a thing but there are some. 

Good point.

I'm wondering, though, if anyone has been able to use this roadside service, as I've never heard of them.  How will they be able to support themselves at that low a price?

Coachnet doubled their prices.  And I fear having to use my GoodSam Roadside assitance, as I've heard so many bad things about how they respond to calls, and not enough good things.

I have Good Sam and although I have not used them too often (thank God) but when I did they were there in a reasonable amount of time and did what they could to get me going again. Even helped my son who was stranded with a dead battery in his car, when the roadside assistance I had with my auto insurance was not responsive at all. I dropped them since I was doubled covered anyway (i know not smart).

VAS is the parent provider and supports many different organizations. At one time I believe they did Coachnet and Good Sam. I have signed up for three years. I am sure someone will not be satisfied, but neather have all been pleased with Good Sam, Coachnet and all the others 

manholt   

No matter who you use, it's a toss of  the dice on what/who you get on the phone!  in all my 38+ years with GS, I can only come up with 3 times, that the service was lousy!  Have also had Coach Net at the same time (came with the coach), have no complaints with them either...You all got to remember that cost has got to go up with inflation.  Just like our Insurance cost.  Nothing that I know off will stay at the same price forever!

But Carl, you can purchase Burial Insurance for just $9.95 a month and the cost will never go up. And it must be true because Alex Trebek said so.   :D

Herman

Just had a bad experience with the FMCA roadside assistance regarding a qualified facility. We broke down in Trinidad, CO with our Cummins 425 ISL engine locked up due to leaking coolant into the engine.  The engine was going to need a rebuild. We told the FMCA service that we wanted to be towed to a certified Cummins shop in Pueblo (90 miles away).  They said no and first offered us two locations in Raton, NM and one in Walsenburg, CO.  The first one in Raton was out of business,  the second was an RV park with no mechanic.  The one in CO, their phone was no longer in service.  They had no idea of what qualified meant.

Our tow truck driver said we should have had AAA RV Plus as they will tow you where you want within a 100 miles.  We paid $1,500 to be towed to a certified Cummins shop and we are still fighting with the FMCA roadside assistance.  I called AAA and they confirmed what the driver told us, that for $145 membership they would have towed us.

manholt   

That dashed any thoughts I had about changing over to FMCA from GS!  I'm due next month and I'll take another 3 years of GS!

I am at the moment tied into CoachNet. I had a problem with the Powerstroke Ford and the same sort of thing...only to nearest qualified shop...friday Pm late, Ford dealer closed till Monday. They would not tow to my shop in Denver. Will leave them and re-evaluate GS and AAA. I now again have AAA on the small cars and have been a member of AAA for years. I added the coach to them at one point and when i got home discovered they did not switch me to program that would also include my trailer...WHAT...that is when I went with CoachNet...mistake tooo. Alll the fine print easy to miss the details. 

manholt   

Bill E.  I have all my "stuff" with State Farm now and all vehicles are covered for breakdown and towing, up to 200 miles, my choice!