All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Check Out Our New Verizon MIFI Benefit!

It will be interesting to see if this new Sprint plan roll out was any better coordinated and organized than the Verizon one.
  3. All Inclusive Motorhome Club (AIM)

I don't get it...In today's connected environment smart, some not so smart people with a "want to know attitude" will find the chinks in the armor and expose the answers which then reduces the credibility of those in question. Why do that? Good job Carl and Five
  4. No 12V To Ignition: Alternator Problem?

Indeed there are a number of viable alternatives to battery isolators and even two distinctly different types of battery isolators-- diode-based and solenoid-based. One of the simplest that still allows battery bank separation (so discharging the house bank will not take down the chassis bank) is a simple marine ON-OFF switch. Alternator B+ and chassis battery to one lug and coach battery to the other. Switch OFF and chassis battery will be charged. ON and both banks will be charged. With a DP, pretty easy to mount at foot of bed where easily switched from inside the coach. Been there, done that. BUT (read that a BIG BUT) one needs a complete understanding of their charging system to successfully modify it. Does the alternator have an external sense wire? Does the alternator have an ign hot excite wire. What type of battery isolator is used? Questions like these MUST be understood before it is reasonable to modify factory wiring.
  5. Today
  6. Final Decision On Mail Forwarding Service

Joe. Now that you have (I hope) your new rig, any buyers remorse? Problems? I'm thinking of buying a Ventana!
  7. Final Decision On Mail Forwarding Service

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Just before I pulled the trigger on one of the UPS Stores in Cape Coral we decided to go another direction. A good family friend had purchased a condo and moved to our area of SW Florida last year. She is there all year and offered to let us use her address. When we were full time previously we did the same thing, except we used our oldest son's address in Illinois. We have everything changed over (DL, registrations, etc.) and the mail is being forwarded to her residence. It works out very well because we were already a key holder for her place and she was one for ours. When we travel we will stay in touch with her and she can forward us our mail. We plan on leaving her the large soft envelopes she can stuff with our mail for forwarding. I will keep in mind your advise though. If something happens and we have to go another route someday I certainly will look at Escapees.
  8. Tech Connect+ thoughts

I had Sprint's unlimited service for years. Granted it was an older plan dating back to the early 2000s, whenever folks set around the campfire and compared coverage, I remained quite because I had nothing to talk about - my service never measured up to what others were experiencing. I had an unlimited hotspot for years also that absolutely under-performed almost everywhere I went. I emailed "dan@sprint.com" (the CEO's staff) and they'd call me to pacify me but never were able to correct the problems I experienced. If you're a Sprint customer experiencing problems, emailing that address is worth a try. What got me is when they'd rag on me about using too much "roaming data" The only reason I had to roam was Sprint was too cheap to put up a tower! They should have been glad to have me as a customer and remained quite about my roaming - happened every time I stayed at Emerald Cove in Erp, CA / Parker, AZ. I tried T-Mobile for almost a year before switching to Verizon. Not one of those carriers is without dead areas. Way back before I started with Sprint, I had AT&T service. When I complained about dropped calls at my house, the agent looked long and hard for a solution before telling me straight up he couldn't help and there were no future plans to improve service in my area - and no, he couldn't let me out of my contract. Sprint overcame the problem with a micro-cell device connected to my internet. T-Moble's phone connected to the WiFi signal directly to provide voice over IP. With Verizon, the service isn't great but I've never dropped a call here at the house and usually have 4G data service (the way their unlimited plan is $80/month plus $20 a month for each device up to a total of 4 - veterans get a 15% discount. Lots of luck with your experiences. When you find the idea provider, be sure to come back and let us all know who it is.
  9. Yesterday
  10. Battery Disconnect Switch

JIT, These are the different models of some of the Onan 5000 size. Having mentioned that with the information and year of the coach. I'm leaning towards the Marquis Gold series. If you can clarify things with the Onan Series and model numbers. There are also 5000 watt model' s with model numbers ending in BGA and Ckk This link might be of some help. https://www.flightsystems.com/pdf/onan-rv-troubleshooting-guide.pdf An afterthought - Most RV generators use the Chassis batteries to start, there are exceptions where the coach / house batteries are used. Think the builders are thinking it more likely to discharge the coach batteries then the chassis battery bank. The BCC control unit information that I have located is Attached - Note ! the address is the same as the OEM supplier, but it appears that it is now referenced as(Thor) T-1020. There is no wiring in the BCC related to the Generator start circuit, So it looks like the Chassis batteries supply the 12 volts. TH-1020 Troubleshooting guide.pdf
  11. No 12V To Ignition: Alternator Problem?

Yes BOB you are quite right. I too have a 2001 Zanzibar but for sale. I also have a 1999 Panther and the alt is hooked straight to the chassis batteries. I added another tray in the engine compartment for the chassis bats and added a pair of sixes to the house tray. It has a full solar, 6 panels at 960 watts and that is hooked to the house through Bogart's Trimetric stuff. When home and this time of year it is plugged in and all is well through the echo charger. We are headed out January one for sunny Arizona and the Safari Party in Quartzsite. There was no way for me to know your background and many have no clue to the problems the isolator can create. The same for you and my coach history/experience let alone it being with Safari coaches learned over the last 8 or so years. One must start somewhere to find out what comes next. Glad to have you aboard the forum. If you have not, look into safarifriends@yahoogroups.com, huge files section on Safari and a great group.
  12. No 12V To Ignition: Alternator Problem?

Bill: I own a 2001 Safari Zanzibar and have replaced the original alternator with a single wire 180 amp Delco. If you understand the purpose of the isolator it really is not necessary. The isolator is used to direct alt charge to either house or coach batteries as needed. The inverter has a battery charged built in to keep house batteries charged. We have been on the road full time for three years and have not had a problem without the isolator. You just need to hook battery wire from alternator to coach side of bus bar to keep chassis batteries charged.
  13. All Inclusive Motorhome Club (AIM)

Yep, here's the email for the contact at NIRVC....tcrowley@aimclub.org
  14. Washington DC

Welcome to the forum. For the amenities you listed the only recommendation is. Cherry Hill Park, College Park, MD, 9800 Cherry Hill Rd, College Park, MD 20740 cherryhillpark.com, (301) 937-7116 I think I see a pattern. They even have some one to teach you how to use the Metro and what train and what stops for what you want to see. I would call now and make your reservation. Bill
  15. Tech Connect+ thoughts

I have Sprint, Verizon and AT&T in the coach and the most often unusable internet source is the Sprint MiFi. I have seriously considered simply dumping the service but it's truly unlimited for about $50/month. My 2 year contract is up in Feb. and I will have to make a decision about what to do at that time.
  16. Washington DC

Cherry Hill is very nice and quite convenient. It's the most often posted park in the DC area.
  17. Battery Disconnect Switch

Onan 5500 Generator
  18. Washington DC

Cherry Hill RV Park is the best around, I think. Not sure for that length of time - they may have longer term rentals. The city bus stops at their entrance - as a matter of fact, it turns around on their property - and delivers you to the Metro. From there, you can go about anywhere in DC.
  19. Washington DC

Looking for help or suggestions on RV Parks or Private Property to stay at in the Washington DC Area. My wife and I will be there in 2018 (end of August, all of September, and part of October) about 2 months to see the town, and surrounding areas, Virginia, Marylin, Delaware... Looking for a place to stay that has good access to DC, and or public transportation to DC. Prefer 50 amp electric, water and sewer required. No other amenities required but prefer a nicer place to stay. Any suggestions or recommendations on places to stay are appreciated. Additionally if you know of must see Parks, Museums, Factory tours, Restaurants, or other places of interest that are not generally found on the usual websites / tourist brochures then let me know. Like to see the different and off beat attractions. Thanks Johnny Missoula MT. / Mesa, AZ
  20. Final Decision On Mail Forwarding Service

I hope I am not to late in jumping into this conversation (I hope you have not made a decision yet.) I would strongly advise against a UPS store. We used one for a year and the UPS store overcharged us a lot in shipping fees. It was 4 years ago and the average cost of forwarding our mail was $30 each time. I won't waste your time with the many horror stories just take my word for it the UPS store is not the way to go. FYI the store we used was owned by a personal friend who we haven't spoken to in four years. We switched to Escapees and do not have any complaints. They have sent our mail to any location we have asked them for in three to four days including General Delivery to the Post Office for $10 or less. As to providing a "legal" legal address Escapees is set up to give you a legal address in Texas, Florida and South Dakota. Go to this link for more info on Florida. https://www.escapees.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=220 You can write to me directly if you have more questions on Mail, domicile, or best ideas for communication while full timing. We would be happy to answer any questions amecnet59@gmail.com Doug & Lanita Full Time Since July 20122010 Itasca Ellipse 40CD TOAD 2012 Jeep Liberty.Retired US Navy Chief Petty Officer
  21. Battery Disconnect Switch

The numbers you posted- F73-1020 is for the BCC. Could you post the make and model of the generator for the group? The electrical wiring and control modules change and with the proper information, it might be easier to offer some better information. Rich.
  22. Battery Disconnect Switch

Thanks for all your input...I called Fleetwood and they think it is the solenoid. When I used a jumper wire from Chassis Terminal Postive or Coach Battery Terminal to the Generator terminal that are located on the side of the Battery Control Center —Gas F73-1020 Generator will start and coach lights works. i know that I will not be able to use the auxiliary disconnect switch. Has anyone done this ?
  23. Clear Bra Removal

Easy way, pay someone else to do it! Harder way, order the kit from the web, spend 12 hours of your time removing it like I did. The chemicals, skill, tools and labor is going to cost no matter how you approach it.
  24. Long Trips In A Type B

There are some coaches that are set up with 2 separate valves....I think he got it backwards. Macerator on Black, not gray!
  25. Long Trips In A Type B

Herman, that's because it is on Ford Trans Connect Frame,when I was looking at those last year, it was the same frame as an Escape, maybe better if a VW bug.
  26. Clear Bra Removal

If your to believe Rich, I'll give him $1,500 to bring on the steam and remove mine....I'll even go to his part of Cajun country!
  27. My Avatar

Only problem is the Brownie Hawkeye is not digital and will not be as easy as a digital camera, maybe. The Polaroid is even more problematic than a Hawkeye. It's instant, or maybe 90 seconds later.
  28. My Avatar

What's that? Had a Polaroid when I was 14.
  1. Load more activity