hermanmullins

Who, What, When, Where or Just Lets Talk

Well I got my confirmation on where we will stay before going into Minot. We will be at Fort Stevenson State Park. It is about 45 miles from Minot. We plan on leaving here on or about the 23 of July. Going to Amarillo, then Raton Pass with a side trip to Philmont then to The Rocky Mountin National park then wander towards Minot.:P After that West.

Bill

We are at Pine Hills RV Park, Harrington, PEI...friendly people, speak English, proud of their Heritage, beautiful island.  Today is free to explore on our own, we will try to get together with Ian B, he's 54 km North of us!  Tomorrow is a long drive, 302 miles to Sydney, NS for next day Ferry to NF for 3 weeks! :P

Anyone camp on Antigua? Now that I got the RV related thing out of the way.....

Looking to go to an all inclusive resort, Pineapple Resort in Antigua. We have never been to that island

and looking for any comments about the island.

We've been to many of the Caribbean islands (19) but not Antigua. I'm guessing that its probably as nice as the rest!  Likely has the usual amenities and features. palm trees, sand, beaches, tiki bars, restaurants,  shops.  Did I mention tiki bars?

Have fun!

Been there many times.  Any Hotel or Resort is safe, go roam around, nice people, rent a cab for 6 hours & see it all...avoid cruise ship days & you'll pay $100 instead of $200 for cab!  I kept a 42' Lagoons Cat there for 7 years.  Take the Ferry to the other Islands, 30 minutes to 90 minutes...pick up info at any tourist info kiosk!  Local drink is Rum, OJ, little cream and dash of Nutmeg...one is enough, unless you need a long nap! :P

I like long naps...😵

On my way home from work I saw a small "convoy" of motor homes towing toads going down 95 south in NH.

I was going the other direction, funny thing is they were pulling into the rest area that has the NH state liquor

store in it.......

On 7/8/2019 at 3:57 AM, manholt said:

We are at Pine Hills RV Park, Harrington, PEI...friendly people, speak English, proud of their Heritage, beautiful island.  Today is free to explore on our own, we will try to get together with Ian B, he's 54 km North of us!  Tomorrow is a long drive, 302 miles to Sydney, NS for next day Ferry to NF for 3 weeks! :P

Going to get "screeched in" while in Newfoundland? It's a hoot.

Carl, the one thing I found was the people did in fact speak English but it was in a profound Irish Brogue and really fast. Very hard to understand but nice people. I was stationed there off and on for three years in 1957-58-59.

Herman

On 8/2/2019 at 9:06 PM, RayIN said:

Going to get "screeched in" while in Newfoundland? It's a hoot.

Haven't heard that in a long time. I've been "screeched" Did you kiss the fish as well? 

DB, Ray.  Yeah, did the full ceremonial thing...got the sausage, shot of Screech Rum (wish they served it after) & kissed the Cod.  Played the big stick and danced, got our certificate!  Also, appearance by Mummer's.

Sausage__, we got salt-preserved cod, really bad taste, but the rum relieved it somewhat.  This happened in a small tavern out in the country, the locals whooped and hollared, then afterwards welcomed us with free(too many) drinks. Of course being a visitor I didn't turn down the free drinks, it would have been insulting IMO 😋; DW had to drive back though.

Hey y'all,

We are heading to the Pigeon Forge area after the Labor Day holiday, probably around the 5th. Anyone have any recommendations on a place to park for a week or so?

Anchor Down RV resort is beautiful! You can’t beat the views from the sites over looking the lake. We had site 174 with a full size outdoor fireplace. 

Pine Mountain RV resort was nice and suited our needs well a few years ago. 

Wayne, We have stayed at Smoky Bear Campground and RV Park,  smokybearcampground.com

Not fancy kind of tight but is easy to get to from the East on 321. It savs fighting all the traffic in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg  in  the coach.

Bill

Creekside is my favorite, just a little out towards Wears Valley and just off 321, it is a Passport park if you are a member, and honor the discount Sunday through Thursday unless a special event week. It's less than half mile off of the parkway and pretty easy to maneuver to. Oh yes, the Foothills Parkway has been completed to Wears Valley now, and 321 has been widened enough to Townsend to accommodate any size MH or 5er., which makes it easier when traffic is peaked on the Parkway. There is also a quaint but nice CG in Wears Valley with great people running it, prices are better than Townsend, Smoker Holler is the name of the  CG, there is a nice restaurant next door, Elvira's is the name, excellent food and reasonably priced Prime Rib on Friday night (DELICIOUS).

I'll start searching these suggestions this evening, thanks.

Keep 'em coming.

I tried a few already and no availability, even in the middle of September.

Wayne, we scouted for a different RV  park this past June, we always go to Pigeon Forge for DW's birthday, anyway this RV resort is very clean and quiet, great pool, sites are wide with  green grass. Look it up on google maps to see what I say.  https://www.stayriveredge.com/

The only downside, if it is a down, the road in is narrow and curvy, they are probably the most expensive in the area, $59/night for the premier back-in sites adjoining the river.

In a pinch, try  https://claboughcampground.com/rv-sites  It is noisy up front , lots of kids, but there are pull-throughs in the back of the CG that are quiet and shaded, and amazingly normally vacant. We usually stayed on 115, because it is about 80' long back-in with some shade, downside all gravel. We searched for a different CG because the front portion seems to be turning into party central on weekends/when kids are there, but it a convenient place to stay, with trolley service.

There is a bypass(449/Veterans parkway) around Sevierville and Pigeon Forge heavy congestion, that ends on the 321 parkway  near those RV parks.

Headed back to Texas. Staying at Campus RV Park tonight. Been here before and went to eat at a local bbq place you should try if in the area. Named, A Little BBQ Joint. This was my order. They had the ribs and 3 sides on special for $21.00. 

Bill

ribs.jpg

South Central Area is having our 46th Rally next month the Shreveport Louisiana. We are having a tour folks can sign up for. I think the ad Johnny Wessler gave us to put on our website (sra-fmca.com) was very good and I hope you'll enjoy it.

(it's one of the better shots of me :wub::D:D)

Herman

wpa4086b0e_06.png