Aircherokee

How I lowered my insurance premium

I just wanted to share with other members about my recent call with Safeco Insurance.

Spoke with a very helpful rep who answered my questions regarding my premium increase over last year.  He was quoting a higher deductible to decrease my premium and when he matter of factly mentioned my RV's value, NADA industry rates shows my value as being $12,000 less than what my insurance coverage is at.  He stated that I'd have to have documentation proving the value for anything over what the industry rates show.

As a result, we modified my policy to match the industry value resulting in an annual premium savings of $247.80.

With the savings, I figure it'll buy  us a lot of "happy hour refreshments" that I can actually enjoy rather than paying unnecessary increased insurance premiums that won't taste as good. 

Just thought I'd share.

We had Safeco for two years and then with no claims, tickets and for no reason, jumped our rates almost 30%.

It pays to shop about every 3 years.

Ken

On 1/15/2019 at 10:24 AM, Aircherokee said:

I just wanted to share with other members about my recent call with Safeco Insurance.

Spoke with a very helpful rep who answered my questions regarding my premium increase over last year.  He was quoting a higher deductible to decrease my premium and when he matter of factly mentioned my RV's value, NADA industry rates shows my value as being $12,000 less than what my insurance coverage is at.  He stated that I'd have to have documentation proving the value for anything over what the industry rates show.

As a result, we modified my policy to match the industry value resulting in an annual premium savings of $247.80.

With the savings, I figure it'll buy  us a lot of "happy hour refreshments" that I can actually enjoy rather than paying unnecessary increased insurance premiums that won't taste as good. 

Just thought I'd share.

Interesting that they wanted proof to raise your value but continued to charge you for a value they knew was too high...:(