Icon Welcome to the FMCA Motorhome Forums!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to create topics; post replies to existing topics; upload pictures; manage your profile; get your own private messenger; create blogs; and more. Sign up now! Already have an account? Sign in. This message will be removed once you are signed in.

Photo
- - - - -

Cricket Electric Carts

Any pros & cons

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BK5057

BK5057

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • I travel:With Pets, Full-time in my motorhome

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:57 AM

How well do they work for campgrounds & rallies?

#2 DickandLois

DickandLois

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:27 PM

BK5057, Talked to a person that attended the Rally in Gillette who has one and in a general conversation he mentioned that his unit has worked well for them. The unit he has did have a switch fail while using it that week, but over all and I think he said 3 years that was the first time it had let them down.

Rich.

#3 mrboyer

mrboyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:40 PM

We have had a Cricket SV3, Resort Model for 5 years. It has a hard top(not available anymore), windshield, flip down rear seat and front seat side handles. It fit in a Pontiac Vibe and would fit in newer Chevrolet HHRs. We have Chevrolet Equinox now and a little easier to load it in. I have had a bushing go bad in the drivetrain, but no other problems. Ricks RV that sold the unit to me have been great to work with on any issues.

I would recommend a Cricket to anyone that can use a 2/3s size "golf cart" that will travel about 1/3 the speed (8 mph).

Ross & Melanie Boyer

2006 Fleetwood Expedition 37U

Cat C-7 300HP

Allison MH3000

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users