Icon Welcome to the FMCA Motorhome Forums!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to create topics; post replies to existing topics; upload pictures; manage your profile; get your own private messenger; create blogs; and more. Sign up now! Already have an account? Sign in. This message will be removed once you are signed in.

Photo
- - - - -

No Hot Water Pressure

After de-winterizing

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mkenway

mkenway

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:28 PM

After I de-winterized, I don't have any pressure on the hot water line. The pressure on the hot lines, drops off to a trickle. If I open a second faucet in the hot-cold mix position, it will increase the pressure on the hot line in the other faucet. If I open two faucets in the hot position, it's as if it creates a vacuum and I get only a dribble. I have released the pressure on the water heater until water runs out. I'm puzzled as to why I get pressure on the cold line but no on the hot!

Any suggestions as to what might be causing this?

08 ITASCA

#2 netop43

netop43

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:52 PM

Is there a bypass valve on the water heater that is still open?

#3 StellersJay

StellersJay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:08 AM

This is not your problem, but after de-winterizing I have had plugged strainers on the faucets and they had to be cleaned before I had flow at the faucet.  Since you have pressure on the cold side, but not the hot side, I would suspect what "Newbie" above said.

Sam

#4 wolfe10

wolfe10

Advanced Member

• Moderator, Super
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,654 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:52 AM

Another common issue (assuming bypass valves are completely open to the water heater) is for minerals to restrict flow through the check valve at the back of the water heater.

Dianne and Brett Wolfe
1997 Safari Sahara 3540
Moderator, FMCA.com Forums
Chairman, FMCA Technical Advisory Committee
Member, FMCA Long-Range and Development Committee 2007-2009
Moderator, http://www.dieselrvclub.org/(FMCA chapter)

#5 mkenway

mkenway

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:17 AM

The by-pass valve is in the normal position. I have heard since my post that it may be a check valve at the end of the HW tank. If it sticks, it won't let water flow in the correct direction.

Any thoughts?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users