Icon Welcome to the FMCA Motorhome Forums!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to create topics; post replies to existing topics; upload pictures; manage your profile; get your own private messenger; create blogs; and more. Sign up now! Already have an account? Sign in. This message will be removed once you are signed in.

Photo
- - - - -

Tire Advice Needed for Winnebago Adventurer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 wshardlow

wshardlow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:31 PM

Newbie here ... I've got a 2006 Winnebago Adventurer 35A and need to replace the tires. It  now has Michelin XRV 235/80/22.5 on it. No issues but would like to find something less expensive. Any suggestions or advice is welcomed. Thanks.

Wilbur

#2 hermanmullins

hermanmullins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:29 AM

Wilber,
Welcome to the Forum. Are you a member of FMCA? We would love for you to join. As a member you may take advantage of the Michelin Tire program. Member can go to the program to get instructions.
Herman

"Fair winds and Following Seas"

Herman & Bobbie Mullins, F302225
Whitewright, TEXAS
'02 Monaco Dynasty, 40-foot 400 HP ISL
Chevrolet Silverado (M & G air brakes)
U.S. Navy PR-3 1956 to 1964

Southern Region Vice President for Six-State Rally Association
Lone Star Chapter FMCA Past President
South Central Lucky Rollers
Rally in The Pasture

#3 wshardlow

wshardlow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:02 AM

Wilber,
Welcome to the Forum. Are you a member of FMCA? We would love for you to join. As a member you may take advantage of the Michelin Tire program. Member can go to the program to get instructions.
Herman

Yes, I am a member and thanks for the tip...I'm looking into the Michelin Tire Program but also want to check out some other options...thanks...lager.

wilbur

#4 kaypsmith

kaypsmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • I travel:With Pets

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:23 AM

I changed from Michelin 235 80X22.5 on my old Sportscoach to Sumitomo 245 75X22.5. The tire height was the same, and the circumference was within 1/4 inch.

Was about 5/8 the cost of Michelin.

#5 lmsooter

lmsooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • I travel:With Pets, Full-time in my motorhome

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:34 AM

Welcome to the FMCA forum.

We put on a set of Toyo M154 tires in 2012 just before a trip to Canada & Alaska. We have put about 15,000 miles on them and they are holding up well.

They were substantially cheaper than Michelins (from the same dealer) through the FMCA program so I decided to give them a try. I don't regret the decision.

Leary and Sandra Sooter
2006 Alfa See Ya
2005 Jeep Liberty Renegade
Roadmaster Falcon 2 Towbar
Brake Buddy Vantage

#6 Tireman9

Tireman9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:48 PM

Newbie here ... I've got a 2006 Winnebago Adventurer 35A and need to replace the tires. It  now has Michelin XRV 235/80/22.5 on it. No issues but would like to find something less expensive. Any suggestions or advice is welcomed. Thanks.

Wilbur

You didn't mention the Load Range of your current tires or if you know the real load on each corner of the RV. This information will help us provide informed advice as there may or may not be a need to address the Load Range as well as size.

Looking forward to learning more about your rig.

Retired Tire Design and Quality Engineer (40 years experience).
Retired Professional race car driver.
Retired Police Driving Instructor.
Member, FMCA Technical Advisory Committee
Delivered Tire Seminar for RV owners & two seminars on Genealogy at FMCA Bowling Green 2009, Madison 2011,

Indy 2012, and Perry 2014

I am scheduled to present two seminars on RV Tires & Three on Genealogy at Redmond, OR  in August

See my blog www.RVTireSafety.com and subscribe if you want notice of new posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users