Icon Welcome to the FMCA Motorhome Forums!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to create topics; post replies to existing topics; upload pictures; manage your profile; get your own private messenger; create blogs; and more. Sign up now! Already have an account? Sign in. This message will be removed once you are signed in.

Photo
- - - - -

Best Way To Phoenix AZ From Las Vegas

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dcochran1167

dcochran1167

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:44 PM

We are traveling in a 39 foot motor home and would like to avoid as many mountains as we could.  Can someone suggest a route.  Thanks

#2 remeola

remeola

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:15 PM

Here is a link to a Google Maps route; and probably the only good route to Phoenix.

http://goo.gl/maps/5gFSC

As you can see by the terrain view, the route is through the valleys and desert area. Although I have not traveled  this route, it appears very similar to our route from Vegas to Yuma which we travel twice yearly.

BTW if you are not familiar with Google Maps, it has a button that will give you a 3D fly-over view of the route and show you the highway just as if you were driving it:

Driving directions to Phoenix, AZ

3Dtransparent.png

#3 lincolnut

lincolnut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:14 AM

I have driven that route 4 times this year and I assure you it is the best route to take. There some hills on the way but from Vegas it is all most down hill.....Slow down and enjoy the scenery.........

Mike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users