hermanmullins

Whats Cooking, Who Is Where, Off The Subject & Memories

We're staying in Lajitas, Maverick Ranch. 

Another fine day in Big Bend. We did the Old Ore Rd today and only saw one other Jeeper; I think most everyone that's been here for spring break left this morning. Maverick Ranch RV Resort is about half capacity or maybe a little less.

Well let's see...it's 76 degrees with a nice dry breeze out of the west. Clear blue skies with a few puffy cumulus clouds. And yes, I have on shorts and a tee shirt and barefoot.🌤🤗

jleamont   
29 minutes ago, elkhartjim said:

Well let's see...it's 76 degrees with a nice dry breeze out of the west. Clear blue skies with a few puffy cumulus clouds. And yes, I have on shorts and a tee shirt and barefoot.🌤🤗

Oh..wow...B)

manholt   

Joe.  You can fly into Dallas, TX.  The "Black Jack Resort Hotel" Jet has daily 90 minute flights to Lajitas, TX.  You can Google Resort. They have Jeeps for rent. :D

Here, in the hill country it was p/c, 84, 15 to 25 winds out off the West. B)

We're under red flag wind warnings today here in Big Bend. It would have been a good travel day for us (fuel mileage wise) with wind out of the west, sure as heck the wind will turn out of the east when we head home. 

jleamont   

Ham and potatoes over fire, turkey Brest in smoker, green beans on stove top, Mac-n-cheese next in line for smoker, deviled eggs in refrigerator. Got enough leftovers for the week!!

Easter camping :D

IMG_4459.JPG

IMG_4458.JPG

IMG_4461.JPG

IMG_4460.JPG

jleamont   
2 hours ago, hermanmullins said:

Easter egg hunt with an 4 year old, a 8 year old and an a 11 year old. Priceless.

Herman 

YUP!!:wub:

To all my friends that live in the computer, Happy Easter. I hope none of you hid your own Easter eggs unless you had young people to help you recover them.

manholt   

Numbered.  My understanding is that #3 and #17 was still lost, as of 8:30 pm! :blink: Thankfully in another family yard..:lol:

Wayne, I'm slowly meeting the "Computer" friends!  Hope you all had a beautiful Sunday & no missing eggs!

manholt   

Jim S.  Looks like a cross between Chinese, Korean and Mexican! :blink: Bet even a pig would turn up it's snout on that mess! :lol: Be afraid and run, don't walk away! :wacko: I think it's in Ohio that they love sweet chili and beans, on top of spaghetti, so PA.?

jleamont   

Smoked brisket, rice with black beans and queso, coleslaw and corn bread. It was good!

nothing sweet, that's what's odd for around here. 

I hope you get some real barbecue someday. Sides for barbecue would be potato 🥔 salad, pinto beans, maybe cole slaw with sliced onions, jalapeño peppers, dill pickles and a few slices of white bread. This should be washed down with a Shiner Bock .

jleamont   

Maybe in June...Carl?

thats as good as it gets around here unless you want high fructose corn syrup on a slab of meat that resembles Brisket. Yeah it's that bad in PA. 

43 minutes ago, elkhartjim said:

I hope you get some real barbecue someday. Sides for barbecue would be potato 🥔 salad, pinto beans, maybe cole slaw with sliced onions, jalapeño peppers, dill pickles and a few slices of white bread. This should be washed down with a Shiner Bock .

Yes that sounds good. Add some jalapeño peppers stuffed (your pick) with brisket, chicken. cheese, chunks of shrimp, wrapped with bacon. One  thing I had in the east was bbq smoked with pine.:huh: Was not my fav.

Bill

manholt   

Bill, I know you go to Main in the Summer,  stick to Lobster, Clams & Fish!  If it say's Texas or NC/SC or Kansas BBQ...don't Stop!!  Pine as in Pine Tree?  OMG!

47 minutes ago, manholt said:

Bill, I know you go to Main in the Summer,  stick to Lobster, Clams & Fish!  If it say's Texas or NC/SC or Kansas BBQ...don't Stop!!  Pine as in Pine Tree?  OMG!

I have never done lobster on the grill but Sea Bass fillets and little neck clams over applewood is not to bad.;)

Bill