Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bigeasy

Road Trek Parts

3 posts in this topic

Good day, I own a 2008 Road Trek 210 Popular. The plastic latches that close my over head cabinets and dresser door are breaking one by one. I am looking for replacement latches.

Has any other Road Trek owner experienced this problem and can you recommend how I may purchase latches?

Bigeasy,

Welcome to the Forum.

I have drawer latches that also brake on my coach. Brown plastic  with one part a snap over latch with a hook type catch. the catch part brakes from time to time. You can purchase replacements for them at most RV shops. The kits come with both catch and latch. However I found that the cause for the breakage is due to the fact that the screw is just a tad larger then the slot. This put a continuing pressure on the plastic slot. I have repaired several by using super glue to glue the pieces together the when I remount the catch I put a flat washer on the screw which covers the complete slot eliminating the breakage. It worked so well that I just went ahead and put washers on all mine before they broke. Haven't one break since doing this.

Herman