Icon Welcome to the FMCA Motorhome Forums!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to create topics; post replies to existing topics; upload pictures; manage your profile; get your own private messenger; create blogs; and more. Sign up now! Already have an account? Sign in. This message will be removed once you are signed in.

Photo
- - - - -

RV Flex Armor Roof

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 DWAYNECHERAMIE

DWAYNECHERAMIE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:36 PM

Want to get opinion from others on this flex armor roof being installed by a company down in Green Cove Springs, Fla.

Can be seen at http://rvroof.com/. Looks good to me and sounds good as well.

Want others' opinions.

Thanks.

Dwayne

#2 tcalzone

tcalzone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:07 PM

I first saw this product in 2011 on an RV at the Perry, GA rally. It was on an older class A Gas. It looked like it was on there more than a year and looked nice.  I happened to be walking by the unit. The roof system caught my attention, so I tracked down the owner at the rally. 

I am going to Perry GA in March. I intend  to look up this RV again to see how it is 3 years later. The person that owns the unit belongs to the Singles Group for FMCA (Group that has the Yellow Flags). I am also following another unit that had this roof system  put on last year and resides  about 100 miles from my area. I know what the roof looked like before it went to this vendor for repairs.    Saw the unit  last fall after system  had  been on a year. Again it was an eye catcher.  I generally like to follow roof systems after I see how they do at least five years after  the refurbishing. When I am at large rallies I walk about and see what others have done. I also have been following other roof reinstalls and roof repairs systems for a bit now.  

If my coach and I are still together in 2015, I  looking to what I need to do as the roof will be 16 years old that point. What I  like about this product is how it rolls over the side of a roof system without loosing its thickness and structure and also covers part of the front and end caps which are prone to cracking from frontal or rear hits which you can see while on top of the roof if there is an issue.  

My unit will  need some under the old epdm roof checking to see if repairs are needed  so I am looking for someone who can do both the repairs and refurbishing the top. I am also looking for some one takes everything off  the roof  including the AC units before repairs are done. I am looking how the unit feels on a hot day and if has been up north for the winters how it is weathering. I look for any lifting in a system.   

These are reasons that will have me continue to follow a vendor's roof system. I also looking at vendors who replace the whole roof with new roofing material but take the old roofing material completely off and do what ever repairs are needed and remove all the items on the roof. I am in no hurry as I have been maintaining my roof system at least twice a year  and have not had any leaks for seven years. My  roof system is strong and not spongy and is stored inside during the winter these days so there is no hurry for me.   I also have been following several roll on roofing systems and watching  how they do over time and what is needed for follow up work over time and what are those costs.  

I should note I have an alpha roof system  so care is  needed what product and method you use. I have been putting monies in my tin cup to be ready when the time come to make a final decision.       

As with anything it pays to do your homework before jumping into a decision especially with something like an rv roof.  You want the best investment for your wallet, demonstration of performance in weather, length of time your decision lasts before more work is needed,  what does it bring to a resale value,  and if you do not do it yourself how well does the installer follow up if you have issues down the road

Hope this info help. Safe travels. Toni C

#3 DWAYNECHERAMIE

DWAYNECHERAMIE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:17 PM

Thanks Toni. Would you be so kind to let me know how the rig your following is holding up once you see it in Perry.

#4 tcalzone

tcalzone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:26 AM

Will do.  You can also feel free which I do frequently is contact the vendor and see if there are folks in your area that have used the product so that you may be able to contact as a reference to include the possibly to go look at directly. The rvroof folks put this article on their blog Friday which I just found today.  It might worth the time to review.  

Safe travels  

Toni C

#5 dbueschel

dbueschel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:41 PM

I had them do my roof last month and they did a great job. The roof look great and I had them paint the edges to contrast my coach paint. If you are in the Bradenton/Sarasota/Tampa area will gladly show you. I will also be at the Daytona 500 and Sebring races.

Doug B

#6 DWAYNECHERAMIE

DWAYNECHERAMIE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:29 AM

Thanks Toni & Doug B

#7 tcalzone

tcalzone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:36 PM

Made the trip up a ladder for a coach done 3 years ago while at FMCA on the last day of the rally.   Owner originally had center of roof done  and not the roll over the sides.   They brought back later and had that done.  Roof  is holding up well.  Vendor did well matching  what was on there originally to do the roll over to the sides.  I also looked how far down the product was applied on the front and rear cap as I have a hairline crack Interested in seeing that it will take care of that rather than take it to a boat shop.   It was interesting how this vendor sprayed over  the top of the roof vents for the black and gray water system so all you have to worry about is replacing a cap.   What is on the vendors demo trailer they take around to show matches up with what you see on the roof.  

#8 mriley

mriley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:30 PM

We had RV Roof Armor put on our 2009 Cyclone Toy Hauler and have a field of bubbles on the roof. Been 7 months trying to get the company to do something about it. President of company came and another associate with both saying it could be fixed. But as of today, still haven't had anything done by this company. We would NOT recommend this to be done to your RV roof!!!

#9 huffypuff

huffypuff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • I travel:With Pets

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:11 PM

What type of material is the toy hauler made of.  It will be interesting to know what type of material it failed on.  

VisitedStatesMap.jpg?states%5B%5D=AL&sta

Ray & Hana

2006 Holiday Rambler, Ambassador PDQ 40' 10" 

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited CRD used as toad

2012 Cadillac SRX4

1976 Cadillac Coupe deVille

2009 7,000 lbs Carhauler Trailer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users