9 replies to this topic

#1 lylefikse

lylefikse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:56 PM

Anyone added aftermarket sliding cargo trays.  I would like to add 2 trays to our storage area, dual pull 48 x 90.  What are the best strong, but lightweight trays out there?

Lyle and Linda Fikse

2007 Damon Tuscany 4072

2013 Lincoln MKS

#2 hermanmullins

hermanmullins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:53 AM

Lyle,

There are several on the market. They all call for the length and if you want half or full slide. They will ask for a width for the floor of the slide. One of the most important thing to do is get the correct width between the rails and that the rails are parallel to each other. The slides in our coach are made by Kwee-kee.

Herman 

"Fair winds and Following Seas"

Herman & Bobbie Mullins, F302225
Whitewright, TEXAS
'02 Monaco Dynasty, 40-foot 400 HP ISL
Chevrolet Silverado (M & G air brakes)
U.S. Navy PR-3 1956 to 1964

Southern Region Vice President for Six-State Rally Association
Lone Star Chapter FMCA Past President
South Central Lucky Rollers
Rally in The Pasture

#3 Markstella

Markstella

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:00 AM

Lyle, try these sites.  www.morryde.com   www.slide-master.com

#4 bizsmith@yahoo.com

bizsmith@yahoo.com

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • I travel:With Pets

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:02 AM

I used slidemaster. Custom sized to your specifications. A bit pricey but I've never regretted spending the extra money. They pull out full length so you can always get to anything on the tray even at the far back. My wife has a bit of trouble with the latch but I can't seem to educate her how to do it. For me it is a snap.

#5 Allegiance40x

Allegiance40x

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 05:12 PM

To each his own, but I have one and don't like it.  It costs lots of vertical space and if I pull out one side, it knocks items off the other side...plus heavy and expensive.

#6 gaylemarlowe

gaylemarlowe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • I travel:With Pets

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:55 PM

We are going to Michigan this summer and plan on stopping by Slide Master in Wisconsin to have 3 trays installed. Yes, they are a bit of money, but the ones I have seen seem to be just what I want. Wish my coach had come with them, but it is sure gonna be a whole lot better than kneeling on the ground and trying to reach that one item ALL the way inside the compartment.

#7 Allegiance40x

Allegiance40x

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:46 PM

Even in my basement with the slider, I use an old mop handle with a hook screwed in the end...it's easier than the slider.

#8 WhiteEagle

WhiteEagle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:29 PM

Contact Slidemaster.... made by Innovative Industries - Antigo, WI  .... Brian Pease is owner.. Andrew Hesserdahl is Pres ?

Will make any size needed ...

2009 Allegro Bus 40 QSP-Powerglide-Cummins ISL 8.9L DP-Allison 3000 6speed-2 stage Jake EB-Pressure Pro -Blue Ox Plate, Bar, Patriot Braking system-XtraRide Platinum Warranty FMCA Badgers-Allegro Club WAW- -CoachNet Platinum Roadside-Progressive Insur.

Everything's Relative - Unless Something Changes, Nothing Will

#9 Rebootsemi

Rebootsemi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:01 AM

Even in my basement with the slider, I use an old mop handle with a hook screwed in the end...it's easier than the slider.

I have one in the wide front compartment, which I have the BBQ, chairs and my tool box in the middle, works good for those items. On the drivers side if the living rm slide is out you still have to get down under it to get at anything even with the tray slide all the way out.  With the other compartments I looked at sliders but I agree with you that they take up room, cost too much so I just use large plastic tubs and a old handle with a hook on the end. One compartment has the 7' ladder and other items that would not fit in any slider. 

Lee, Judy & Pepper

06 Beaver Patriot Thunder 42 Cat 525 

13 CR-V EX-L AWD, Raodmaster Eq. Az,,,Or.

#10 huling3

huling3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:24 PM

Only added to one compartment due to loss of height.  Love it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users