Icon Welcome to the FMCA Motorhome Forums!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to create topics; post replies to existing topics; upload pictures; manage your profile; get your own private messenger; create blogs; and more. Sign up now! Already have an account? Sign in. This message will be removed once you are signed in.

Photo
- - - - -

Repairing Shore Power Cable Power Reel

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 tkcas01

tkcas01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:28 AM

Great to hear! No telling how many of these are out there! I hope more folks stumble upon this thread like I did so they can get their reel operational again as well.

#22 BackhoeJ

BackhoeJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:55 PM

Hi everyone, shipped out another gear kit to fellow RV'er Ron & Vickie, another happy camper.Saved hundred$. Thanks, John (BackhoeJ)

#23 BackhoeJ

BackhoeJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:47 AM

Hi ,BackhoeJ here , shipped out 3 more gear kits , more happy campers, saved them hundreds $.

Thanks, John (BackhoeJ) jondel1234@yahoo.com

#24 Monty114

Monty114

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:23 PM

Thanks John....put the gear in and buttoned her up with the rivets and she works like new again.

#25 BackhoeJ

BackhoeJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:00 PM

BackhoeJ here, shipped out 2 more gears, more happy campers, glad i could help.

Thanks Again; John ( BackhoeJ )

#26 BackhoeJ

BackhoeJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:46 PM

Furnace 092.JPG Furnace 093.JPG Furnace 091.JPG Shoreline Reel TDA RV 5036 007.JPG

BackhoeJ here, have another part for shoreline reel if anyone is interested. It's the plastic bracket to hold the motor. Also still have gear. Thanks again.

BackhoeJ jondel1234@yahoo.com

#27 mmulvenna

mmulvenna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:18 PM

Hi all,

Any idea where to get the remote control for the power reel? Not having much luck searching for it.

Thanks

Mike Mulvenna

#28 tkcas01

tkcas01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:32 PM

Are you talking about this?

http://www.trci.net/...l-for-rv-marine

I didn't know there was such a thing. Surely the manufacturer can help you find one.

#29 CowellML

CowellML

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:03 PM

I also have the shoreline power cable in my 2005 Allegro Bus. Instead of the gear drive failing on mine, it was the brushes on the commutator. They were sticking in the brush holder and became pitted so bad from arcing that they got hot and stuck in the holder. Failure was having only a single phase from shore power on 50 amp service. I contacted the manufacturer and they no longer make my model and the only repair kits they sell are for the gear replacement.

I searched the internet and found the following company that makes brushes that fit with only being shortened from 0.75 inches to 0.50 inches. Cleaned and polished brush holder and used old springs from original brushes since they had more travel. Also cleaned and polished commutator. The company is Helwig Carbon Products, Inc. 8900 West Tower Ave, P.O. Box 240160, Milwaukee, WI 54224-9008. (414) 354-2411. Part number 30003675022601. Cost was $15.66 each.

I ordered 6 so I would have two spares. Total cost was $93.96 plus $11.90 shipping for total of $105.86. Lot cheaper than buying a new unit and I have been using the reel for over a year now with no problems. We are full timers, so it gets lots of use.

#30 BackhoeJ

BackhoeJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

Hi all, BackhoeJ here, just for an update on Shoreline gear, still have some left, helped a lot of fellow campers save money on repair.

Thanks John Delmatoff ( BackhoeJ )

#31 Tigerpa

Tigerpa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

Backhoej,
I have the same problem as many others. My cord reel stopped working. I hear pcs/parts spinning inside. Suspect its the little gear in side that is toast.
Do you still have the replacement gears? If so, do you have paypal where I could buy one from you?
Looking at trading in my 2006 Monaco Diplomat for a 2013 WInnebago Tour and want the 2006 fixed right before I trade. Don't want to leave that headache to anyone else.
Please let me know.

Regards,
Tigerpa

#32 Tigerpa

Tigerpa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

BachhoeJ,

I am in need of one of your nifty gears. Would be forever grateful!

I can pay for the gear and shipping.

Please advise cost.

Tony Zampogna (Tigerpa)
2795 Olympia Fields Lane
Mount Pleasant, SC 29466

#33 BackhoeJ

BackhoeJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

Hi Tony Zampogna (Tigerpa). Yes I still have gear kit available. E-mail me your number and I will call you to give details.

Thank You ; John Delmatoff ( jondel1234@yahoo.com )

#34 Tigerpa

Tigerpa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

BackhoeJ,
Sent the mail out to you today. SHould see it in a couple of days.
Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Tigerpa

#35 Tigerpa

Tigerpa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:35 PM

Received the gear kit yesterday. Thanks BackhoeJ!

#36 crkazebeer

crkazebeer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:19 AM

BackhoeJ

I too had the gear fail in my 2004 Monaco Diplomat this winter. I was going to wait for warmer weather to make the repair. Didn't realize the parts were so hard to get. If your son is still in the gear business would appreciate being able to buy a couple gears.If still able to supply gears please E-Mail me.

Thanks,

Cal Kazebeer

ckazebeer@hotmail.com

Lincoln, Nebraska

#37 BackhoeJ

BackhoeJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

BackhoeJ here .

Hi Cal, thanks for interest in gear. I still have some left. And also I'm having my son make more because of big response.

Thank you to all that need these gears. Happy to help. 

jondel1234@yahoo.com

John Delmatoff

40 foot Monaco 4 slider 

#38 glaxdal

glaxdal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:16 AM

Just curious if "Backhoe J" is still providing the gears as I have been contacted via email several times from those reading this forum interested in obtaining the part......

Backhoe J, you still alive buddy??

#39 BackhoeJ

BackhoeJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

Hi all ,

BackhoeJ here and still alive & well and had more gears made, so come one come all and save some money. Amazing how many fellow RV'ers need this gear.

Thanks to all & also sorry for your needing one. Also I think this gear fits the water hose reel. Sold one.

Thank You; John Delmatoff

jondel1234@yahoo.com

#40 Dave430

Dave430

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:16 AM

I'm having the same problem as several of you are having, but mine is the manual type of reel. When I turn the handle to wind up the cord, nothing happens.  the handle turns but the inter workings do not turn the reel.  Has anyone here repaired their manual type power cable reel?  It is similar to this product  http://a248.e.akamai...jpg?1329399158. Thanks Dave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users