Sign in to follow this  
Vegasmailman

Albuquerque Balloon Festival

Going to balloon festival next weekend and noticed that festival starts early AM and last till late PM.  

Also understand no pets allowed in the festival (unfortunate).

Was wondering if anyone has attended this festival in the past while traveling with a pet,   I really don’t desire to leave her home with a friend.

Would really like your comments, pro or cons.

Thank you

You will not be at the Fiesta all day.  There are events very early and a couple throughout the day but it's not really an event where you will go and stay all day.

Just before the sun comes up you will want to catch Dawn Patrol and then there will be a mass ascension and then not much else as all the balloons are in the air.  Later in the day there might be rodeo or other event and their are individual balloons giving rides throughout the day but no actual event.  At night there are balloon glows and fireworks.  You will have plenty of time to come and go and attend to your pets needs throughout the day.

manholt   

Totally agree!  Even if your parked on the field, you'll have plenty of TV, read a good book, take pet for walk, time on your hands.  I don't do the field anymore....I love to be high on the hill and watch all of them take off and fly! :D