lastdance89143

Cost Of Flat Tow Package Installation

Bought a 2017 Kia Soul with manual transmission to tow behind my motor home. Just wondering what to expect cost wise for installation. I noticed equipment was reasonable but received one quote $4500, just for installation. Hope someone can help

abyrd   

It took less than 4 hrs shop time to have my installed on my Dodge Dakota.  Can't imagine $4500,  even if shop rate was $150 per hour that would be 30 hours.

I would look for a small independent shop who has a good reputation.

Jim

lenp   

Blue Ox tow hooks installed on my Ford Edge came to $1100 including the parts from Blue Ox.  This did not include any wiring - only tow hooks which required replacing the Ford internal 
"bumper" behind the front facade.  They would have wired the lights and the emergency breakaway for another $400.

Don't forget you will need an auxiliary braking system in some states.

Lenp 

rfsod48   

About 6 months ago I had a Blue OX package installed on my 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee and  believe total cost for.          Base plate and labor was around $900.

Roland

Thanks everyone. I called blue ox for authorized dealers in Las Vegas, there were only two. I also checked prices for wiring and braking systems, the break system was the most expensive at $1000. Blue ox base plate is less than $400 and wiring less than $200. Thought about calling blue ox back to let then know the outrageous labor their authorized dealer is charging. Findley RV in Vegas.

I just recently purchased blue ox base plate,$439.00,factory tail light wiring kit$74.00 from etrailer,did my own install because I'm capable of doing it,RVi 3 brake system for my Ford Edge.Added a auxiliary 12 v receptacle at the battery,$27.00.

gulya   

Had new installation on 2017 Jeep Wrangler in June original quotes including braking system ranged from $2300 - almost 5000  best was through our local Leonard dealer worst from camping world. 

Check with some body shops or a large U-Haul Trailer location. 

I've installed base plates, light and braking systems on three different vehicles; first time was about 6 hours and last time closer to 3.5.