Icon Welcome to the FMCA Motorhome Forums!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to create topics; post replies to existing topics; upload pictures; manage your profile; get your own private messenger; create blogs; and more. Sign up now! Already have an account? Sign in. This message will be removed once you are signed in.

Photo
- - - - -

Diamond Shield Removal

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 genetaylor

genetaylor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:52 PM

My Diamond Shield on a 2003 Newmar Mountain Aire Diesel Pusher has deteriorated considerably with multiple cracks and mold/mildew under it. I need to remove it. 3M Adhesive Remover is the recommended material to use. Some folks have recommended also the use of hair dryers to soften the adhesive by heating the surface.My concern is with the paint job. Does anyone have experience with this sort of problem?

#2 BobJourney

BobJourney

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:36 AM

I removed the Diamond Shield from my 2006 Kountry Star using a hair dryer. I heated a small section and slowly pealed it off. It took a lot of time, but the results were worth the effort. If you try to rush the job, you could peal paint off the coach. I just did small sections and cut the peal off part off until I had time do do more. Where the shield is wrapped over an edge, ie around the headlights, I did peal a little paint in one spot. So take extra time at those wrapped edges. My advice is take it off slowly.

#3 wagon217

wagon217

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:45 PM

Watched Diamond Shield technician remove my shield using a heat gun and carefully pulling the material avoiding pulling it back over it's self.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users