• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Selah

Selah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:47 AM

Looking at a ten tire TPMS. Does any one have any experience with the EEZTire TPMS system. From looking at the Amazon site it appears to be identicle to the TST507 but is significantly less expensive.
....... Thanks
. Paul

#2 desertdeals69

desertdeals69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:51 PM

How much is the ten tire setup?

#3 Selah

Selah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:24 PM

For a ten tire setup, thenTST 501 ( non replaceable batteries) is $499, thenTST 507 ( replaceable batteries) is $559, and the EEZTire system is $429 with replaceable batteries.

#4 desertdeals69

desertdeals69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:50 PM

Its a good price if they work ok. Not familiar with that brand. I use Tire Minder for about the same money.

#5 Tireman9

Tireman9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:35 PM

I suggest that people in the market for a TPMS do more than price compare. There are a number of questions to ask.
Length of warranty
Are batteries replacable? Cost of batteries vs cost of new senders
Life of batteries
Will you need a signal repeater ( probably yes if over 35' and definately if you are also monitoring the toad)
How easy is it ( $$$?) to install the signal repeater?
Does the TPM only have one low pressure warning setting? i.e. Do you get warned as soon as the tire looses a few pounds from the hot running pressure or only after you have lost 15% of the cold setting pressure?

Retired Tire Design and Quality Engineer (40 years experience).
Retired Professional race car driver.
Retired Police Driving Instructor.
Member, FMCA Technical Advisory Committee
Delivered Tire Seminar for RV owners & two seminars on Genealogy at FMCA Bowling Green 2009, Madison 2011,

Indy 2012, and Perry & Redmond 2014

I hope to present two seminars on RV Tires & Three on Genealogy at Madison, WI  in August 2015

See my blog www.RVTireSafety.com and subscribe if you want notice of new posts.

#6 Selah

Selah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:44 PM

Thanks Tireman9. I did a lot of online research and had settled on the TST system, then ran across the EEZ Tire TPMS. They certainly look identical, display, sending units, availability of a booster unit, same anti theft key, etc
I'm pretty set on one or the other, just hoping that some one had previous experience with the EEZTire. Unless I hear something to the contrary, I'll go with the EEZTire. I'll post my experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users