• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lforrester

lforrester

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:35 AM

Friend I motorhome with has a set of headsets he communicates with is wife while backing up or positioning his coach on a camp site.

Does anyone know who makes these or where I can get a pair?

#2 desertdeals69

desertdeals69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:37 PM

There advertised in the FMCA magazine in the past.

#3 RVerOnTheMove

RVerOnTheMove

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • I travel:Full-time in my motorhome

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:59 PM

I have seen these for sale at various RV rallies.
http://www.rvheadsets.com/
I have heard mixed reviews so be sure that whatever you buy you try first (or have a return option) as different people have different needs. You can do the same basic thing if you and your spouse have phones. Just call each other using the headphones designed for your phone and it's all hands free.
Bill

#4 DickandLois

DickandLois

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:59 PM

We use a pair of Talkabouts made by Motorola, Think Model T5710. Had them for a good 5 years or more and they have worked real good with a jack to plug in a set of headphones and mike.
They also work real good if the DW goes shopping an finds a deal she thinks I would like, just gives me tone when she keys the mike; when I'm out in the coach reading or tinkering with something needing a little TLC while we are stopped.

Rich.

#5 TBUTLER

TBUTLER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:22 AM

We have used standard 2 way radios for 11 years. They aren't hands free but we don't need that in maneuvering situations. We also find them useful when traveling with friends. We can all communicate from coach to coach with their radios and ours set to the same frequency.

Tom and Louise Butler
2004 Monaco Windsor, Cummins 400 ISL
Roadmaster Sterling Tow Bar, Brakemaster, GMC Acadia, BikeE Recumbent Bicycles

After 9 1/2 years full time in our motor home and being Winter Texans we are now living at Sandpipers Resort in Edinburg, Texas. Now we are Summer Chickens!

"The tipi is much better to live in; always clean and warm in winter, cool in summer, easy to move... If the Great Spirit wanted men to live in one place he would have made the world stand still." -- Flying Hawk, South Dakota Oglala Sioux

#6 bizsmith@yahoo.com

bizsmith@yahoo.com

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • I travel:With Pets

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:30 AM

Don't waste your money on rvheadsets.com. They work on broadcast band, subject to interference. You might get lucky once in a while but many locations they are worthless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users