Icon Welcome to the FMCA Motorhome Forums!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to create topics; post replies to existing topics; upload pictures; manage your profile; get your own private messenger; create blogs; and more. Sign up now! Already have an account? Sign in. This message will be removed once you are signed in.

Photo
- - - - -

CG In Southwestern New Mexico

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wanderlust

wanderlust

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • I travel:Full-time in my motorhome

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

We have found a wonderful campground in southwestern New Mexico outside of Deming. It is a 7000 acre ranch called Hidden Valley Ranch. 7 miles of dirt road brings you to this park with amazing scenery, miles of 4 wheeler trails and peace and quiet. You have never seen so many stars at night. It is surrounded by mountains and land that is filled with sights and history. The people that live here full time and the people that winter here are so friendly, like family. The owner and his family is very caring and wants everyone's stay to be a happy one. Deming is about 10 miles away and there is everything you need there. There is a Walmart, K Mart, IGA and Pepper's grocery stores, banks, medical services, fast food chains and local restaurants, Jimmy's RV repair, movie and bowling alley along with many churches of different denominations. There are 3 state parks within a 15 mile radius and Las Cruces and Silver City are 1 1/2 hrs. away. It is very close to Mexico for shopping and sight seeing. It is a must see.

#2 TZScales

TZScales

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:50 PM

Thanks for your post. You did state that 7 miles of dirt road awaits you prior to entering the ranch? Is this road RV friendly?
Thomas and Deborah
2007 Monaco Executive Sandia IV
Cummins ISX 525 Horsepower
Allison 4000 6 Speed Transmission
2006 Saturn Vue
SMI Air Force One
Fort Washington, Maryland

#3 RVerOnTheMove

RVerOnTheMove

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • I travel:Full-time in my motorhome

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

7 miles of dirt road brings you to this park.......

For so many reasons, no thank you! :o
Bill

#4 desertdeals69

desertdeals69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

For so many reasons, no thank you! :o

You've probably never been across the red dirt roads of North Dakota!

#5 ClayL

ClayL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • I travel:With Pets

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:51 AM

We stayed there several years ago and enjoyed it.
Our cat Nicki had a great time running from window to window watching the quail, rabbits and other animals that came right up the coach.
At that time they were a Passport America park and the price was about $15 per night with no limit on how long you could stay at that rate.

The dirt road was washboarded but we just took it slow.

Clay (WA5NMR), Lee (Wife), katie & Kelli (cats)
Full timer domiciled in SD for 11 years. Now snow birds with a house in western CO
2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N - Workhorse chassis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users