Icon Welcome to the FMCA Motorhome Forums!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to create topics; post replies to existing topics; upload pictures; manage your profile; get your own private messenger; create blogs; and more. Sign up now! Already have an account? Sign in. This message will be removed once you are signed in.

Photo
- - - - -

Key West Campground - Feedback Wanted

blue water key rv resort

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OBS66

OBS66

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:32 PM

Has anyone stayed at Blue Water Key RV Resort? We are looking to spend the month of November in. 40-foot diesel pusher. What did you like? What didn't you care for? Thanks.

#2 TheZTeam

TheZTeam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:36 PM

Not yet but we are heading there in May of 2014 for a week.

#3 aztec7fan

aztec7fan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • I travel:With children, With Pets

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:30 AM

Looks like it gets lots of favorable reviews here:

http://www.rvparkrev...a/Key_West.html

Chris Guenther
F3508-S
Westminster, CO
1989 33' Southwind (Gas 454 Chevy)

"Life is just a collection of memories

and memories are like starlight, they go on forever"

-C.W. McCall

#4 DaveLauritzen

DaveLauritzen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:14 PM

We spent a week in the Bluewater resort 15 miles from Ket West.  A top notch resort with many sites on the water.  Equipped with Cabana and Tiki bar.  The only downside is cost, $150 per nite.

Dave & JoAnn

#5 BillAdams

BillAdams

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • I travel:With Pets, Full-time in my motorhome

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:57 PM

If you can afford to stay there it is a great park with an excellent location.  It's at mile 14 if I recall correctly with quick easy access to KW.  There is a "lesser" park, KOA I think, is also nearby and quite a bit more affordable.  Reservations are pretty much required for any park in that area.

Bill

F192XXX

#6 ptjeff04

ptjeff04

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:13 AM

We stayed there a few years back. Nice place, landscaping incredible. Several spots are individually owned as I recall. A very quiet park if that is your interest. Great location. The on site manager was great and even came down for dinner with us one night. Our only issue is that we like to socialize a little. Not crazy, just hang out in the later evening with friends. We were on a birthday trip and the manager told us we had to be quiet on one occasion. Ironically we were not loud at all. no  music, just laughing and conversation. That was my only draw back. Can be "stuffy". So if you are looking for a great location, beautiful park on the water, a bit pricey but very nice and you plan on very quiet evenings as a get away. The this place is perfect!

#7 MuckSavage

MuckSavage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:47 PM

Great Place! We got there every April/May for the last 5 years. It really isn't that expensive. I hear people paying $100 per night in a fish camp.

PTJeff.....we cured the problem of stuffiness. We invited folks on other sites to a "Meet & Greet cocktail party" 8 couples came by to shake hands, share a laugh & a beverage. It broke the ice & everyone was much more friendly after that.

"Wastin' Away Again...."
Tim & Darlene
2012 Thor Astoria 36MQ, Butter Toffee over Toasted Almond (sounds yummy, huh?)
'96 Jeep Cherokee toad w/Blue Ox Aventa LX & Tow-V-Aire
Bear (waiting for us at the Rainbow Bridge) Buckshot & Chase (black Labs, 13 y.o. & 3 y.o.)
F395078

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users