Icon Welcome to the FMCA Motorhome Forums!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to create topics; post replies to existing topics; upload pictures; manage your profile; get your own private messenger; create blogs; and more. Sign up now! Already have an account? Sign in. This message will be removed once you are signed in.

Photo
- - - - -

Security Systems For Motorhomes

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Starlingt

Starlingt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • I travel:Full-time in my motorhome

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:21 AM

Looking for a security system for a class A motorhome that will notify me by cell phone if my motorhome door is opened while the alarm is active and I am away.

Any thoughts.

#2 robinleigh

robinleigh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:16 PM

Me also! Looking for a system which will switch from Cell and/or Internet to SW (or HF) frequency to notify.
We find us often without Cell coverage and no internet.

Been suggested to rely on Satellite telephone/internet for notifications when out in the boondocks.

Understand it's illegal to boobi-trap the Coach?!?!

#3 huffypuff

huffypuff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • I travel:With Pets

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:34 PM

Illegal to boobi-trap YES Illegal to install an alarm NO!

VisitedStatesMap.jpg?states%5B%5D=AL&sta

Ray & Hana

2006 Holiday Rambler, Ambassador PDQ 40' 10" 

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited CRD used as toad

2012 Cadillac SRX4

1976 Cadillac Coupe deVille

2009 7,000 lbs Carhauler Trailer

#4 kaypsmith

kaypsmith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • I travel:With Pets

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:00 AM

My son in law, has a hunting camera that alerts him that it has detected movement and snaps picture, and will record movement, and send it to his cell phone. May not be exactly what you want, but just another idea. Most sporting goods stores will probably be able to help in locating such an item.

Kay

#5 Starlingt

Starlingt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • I travel:Full-time in my motorhome

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:06 PM

My son in law, has a hunting camera that alerts him that it has detected movement and snaps picture, and will record movement, and send it to his cell phone. May not be exactly what you want, but just another idea. Most sporting goods stores will probably be able to help in locating such an item.

Kay

Thanks for the suggestion. I will look into that.

#6 JohnQFWB

JohnQFWB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:46 PM

If you have a pair of Smart Cell Phones, there is an app that you install on both.  On the one you leave behind, you turn on the phone app and it will detect motion, and call the second phone.  It is a GPS based app.

1997 Safari Serengeti M-4040
2002 VW Jetta TDI Toad & 2004 Ford Explorer Limited

#7 dab7007@gmail.com

dab7007@gmail.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:26 PM

I own an alarm company and I wired up my class A with alarm with cellular transmitter that sends me a text message to my cell phone.

Cost me about $15 a month. 

#8 Indy1

Indy1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:21 AM

Looking for a security system for a class A motorhome that will notify me by cell phone if my motorhome door is opened while the alarm is active and I am away.

Any thoughts.

Google Simplisafe. I have the simplisafe installed in my coach and it works well.

#9 SkipRD

SkipRD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Location:Atlanta, but doing a slow-motion move to LaGrange, GA

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:52 AM

Google Simplisafe. I have the simplisafe installed in my coach and it works well.

Simplisafe looks great! I gather from the web page that one can buy the system, use it to transmit alerts to the cell phone (or sound the alarm), but not subscribe to the monitoring system (at $15/month). Is that right?

Thanks,

Skip

SkipRD
Atlanta, GA
2013 Thor ACE 30.1

#10 Indy1

Indy1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:46 AM

Simplisafe looks great! I gather from the web page that one can buy the system, use it to transmit alerts to the cell phone (or sound the alarm), but not subscribe to the monitoring system (at $15/month). Is that right?

Thanks,

Skip

Half right....You need to subscribe to have a cell phone alert. No subscription needed for audio alert. I don't have a subscription. I have sensors on all the cargo bay doors,entry door,motion inside coach and installed the optional siren which is extremely loud.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users