• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tohopko

Tohopko

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:41 PM

We're finally picking up the Allegro Bus in November in San Antonio and heading to Columbia, SC.  Likely to stop in at Red Bay for a short factory visit, and then heading back west in mid-late Dec. 

This will be our first trip in the coach, and looking for advice on routing back in to the Spokane-Coeur d'Alene area that avoids as many high pass/heavy snow areas as possible. 

We aren't in a hurry, but aren't looking to wait until March to make it back home.

#2 huffypuff

huffypuff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • I travel:With Pets

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:52 PM

Mid December is a risk for snow and I don't know how you will avoids passes.  May not necessarily snow that time of year but there is a way to travel during that time.  If you are coming up to a pass that has snow, stop before and check the local radio or TV for condition.  Sometimes best to camp for the night and wait til cleared usually mid-afternoon the next day to be safe.  Good luck!

At Redmond, OR

Ray & Hana Huffman

2006 Holiday Rambler, Ambassador PLQ 40' 10" 

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited CRD used as toad

2012 Cadillac SRX4

1976 Cadillac Coupe deVille

2009 7,000 lbs Carhauler Trailer

#3 AE4KJham

AE4KJham

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:23 PM

I believe from experience, before you take any trip to the Northwest, you check out and download or buy the " mountaindirectorys.com". They are developed for truckers and RV. Make all of your plans by Interstate. You will probably go up and catch I-80 or I-90 to go West and get to Couer d'Alene on I-90. We have done this planning as our Alaska Trip meets there. You have the Appalachians to cross but most Interstates will work okay. The West is another story. Happy Traveling

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users