Icon Welcome to the FMCA Motorhome Forums!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and signed in, you will be able to create topics; post replies to existing topics; upload pictures; manage your profile; get your own private messenger; create blogs; and more. Sign up now! Already have an account? Sign in. This message will be removed once you are signed in.

Photo
- - - - -

Hard To Find, In Line Fuel Filter: Freightliner With ISB

Cumming ISB-02

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DickandLois

DickandLois

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:13 PM

This filter is often missed when changing the fuel filters on freightliner chassis, so to clarify its location and the replacement number the following information should be helpful. 

ISB-02 In-Line Fuel Filter/Strainer

Cummins ISB-02 engines have an in-line fuel filter/strainer along with the fuel water separator. The Filter/Strainer is a 104 micron filter used to screen large contaminates from the fuel tank to the fuel system lift pump. Located on left side frame rail behind the rear axle, near the transmission and is hard to see because it is small and black in color.

This fuel strainer can become clogged and cause the engine to have poor performance and loss of power. Or worse case, deprive the engine of enough fuel that it shuts down completely.

The part number is RAI 025RAC10 and can be purchased through any Freightliner dealer.

In Line Strainer==== Racor RAI-025RAC1

Fuel strainer may be located in one of two positions:

1) Inside the left frame rail just behind the engine near the transmission.

2) Located inside a cushion clip, mounted off the left side of the engine. It hangs just below the frame rail.

Fuel strainer is black in color, just less than 5in. long.

Rich.

#2 huffypuff

huffypuff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • I travel:With Pets

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:10 PM

Tell me about it, I had to change plenty of then on dump trucks back in the days.  Cab forward designed.   

VisitedStatesMap.jpg?states%5B%5D=AL&sta

Ray & Hana

2006 Holiday Rambler, Ambassador PDQ 40' 10" 

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited CRD used as toad

2012 Cadillac SRX4

1976 Cadillac Coupe deVille

2009 7,000 lbs Carhauler Trailer

#3 Allegiance40x

Allegiance40x

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:22 PM

Freightliner could fix that problem if they wanted to fix it.  On my Spartan chassis, I have a filter bay, last bay curb side.  It contains both fuel filters, the external hydraulic filter and the resevoir for the Power Gear leveling system.  I can service all those items sitting on a stool next to the bay.

#4 DENNISJSTEWART

DENNISJSTEWART

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • I travel:With Pets

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:41 PM

Allegiance, that is a great set up! wish my Bay had that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users