• Announcements

• larrypennington

Update from Texas Assn of Campground Owners re: Evacuees   08/28/17

Good morning, There are now at least 18 privately owned and operated campgrounds and RV parks across Texas that are accepting evacuees. The attached news release, updated from the one the association issued yesterday, includes the names and contact info for the parks. Consumers can also do their own research to identify parks with RV spaces and rental cabins at www.TexasCampgrounds.com and www.TexasCabinRentals.net. Please contact Brian Schaeffer, executive director and CEO of the Texas Association of Campground Owners, on his cell phone at (817) 307-0129 for any questions. We will continue to update this release over the weekend based on the feedback we receive from campgrounds and RV parks across Texas. Many thanks for including our information in your reports yesterday. We appreciate it. Sincerely, Jeff Crider
      (760) 567-9775 (cell)
JEEPERS

Washington DC

JEEPERS   
Looking for help or suggestions on RV Parks or Private Property to stay at in the Washington DC Area.
My wife and I will be there in 2018 (end of August, all of September, and part of October) about 2 months to see the town, and surrounding areas, Virginia, Marylin, Delaware...

Looking for a place to stay that has good access to DC, and or public transportation to DC.
Prefer 50 amp electric, water and sewer required. No other amenities required but prefer a nicer place to stay.

Any suggestions or recommendations on places to stay are appreciated. Additionally if you know of must see Parks, Museums, Factory tours, Restaurants, or other places of interest that are not generally found on the usual websites / tourist brochures then let me know. Like to see the different and off beat attractions.

Thanks
Johnny
Missoula MT. / Mesa, AZ

AlLepper   

Cherry Hill RV Park is the best around, I think.  Not sure for that length of time - they may have longer term rentals.  The city bus stops at their entrance - as a matter of fact, it turns around on their property - and delivers you to the Metro.  From there, you can go about anywhere in DC.

Cherry Hill is very nice and quite convenient.  It's the most often posted park in the DC area.

3 hours ago, JEEPERS said:
Looking for help or suggestions on RV Parks or Private Property to stay at in the Washington DC Area.
My wife and I will be there in 2018 (end of August, all of September, and part of October) about 2 months to see the town, and surrounding areas, Virginia, Marylin, Delaware...

Looking for a place to stay that has good access to DC, and or public transportation to DC.
Prefer 50 amp electric, water and sewer required. No other amenities required but prefer a nicer place to stay.

Any suggestions or recommendations on places to stay are appreciated. Additionally if you know of must see Parks, Museums, Factory tours, Restaurants, or other places of interest that are not generally found on the usual websites / tourist brochures then let me know. Like to see the different and off beat attractions.

Thanks
Johnny
Missoula MT. / Mesa, AZ

Welcome to the forum. For the amenities you listed the only recommendation is. 

Cherry Hill Park, College Park, MD, 9800 Cherry Hill Rd, College Park, MD 20740

cherryhillpark.com,   (301) 937-7116

I think I see a pattern. They even have some one to teach you how to use the Metro and what train and what stops for what you want to see.

I would call now and make your reservation.

Bill

jleamont   
On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 7:22 AM, kaypsmith said:

Don't miss the stature of Paul Revere while in DC!:) Wish I had time to tell the story, LOL.

OH BOY!! :lol: I can only imagine :lol:...

3rd or 4th Cherry Hill! Went there twice, loved it both times!

Well, 1975 was my first trip to DC, we were trying to get to the capital building, ten different policemen told me to turn left on some street, not Pennsylvania, just 2 blocks past Paul Revere statue. I passed 10 different Paul Revere's, commented to my wife that they must have really loved Paul Revere, anyway the tenth police officer said, "I'll show you the way", he then cranked his motorcycle and proceeded, we only saw Paul one more time. Long story short, he was telling me the wrong name for the street that I was supposed to turn, the road that I was on was one that actually circled around the capital, but was far away enough that you could still not see the dome, LOL!:rolleyes: